Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Drugs and crime in Australia (Off Topic posts moved from family of five thread)

Drugs and crime in Australia (Off Topic posts moved from family of five thread)

Old Mar 29th 2021, 12:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs and crime in Australia (Off Topic posts moved from family of five thre

Originally Posted by the troubadour
No surprises there. Although I expect the former Rhodesian town of Wankie would prove more in line with your burping expertise. Somehow Hwange its replacement name would likely baffle an expert even of your calibre. Although practice makes perfect as they say. But never the less good you bring a touch of class to the forum.
Wankie is only 2 syllables - Wan-kie, so no burping challenge really - although there is fun to be had with that name for sure

'never the less good you bring a touch of class to the forum' I know right
Old Mar 29th 2021, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drugs and crime in Australia (Off Topic posts moved from family of five thre

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Wankie is only 2 syllables - Wan-kie, so no burping challenge really - although there is fun to be had with that name for sure

'never the less good you bring a touch of class to the forum' I know right
But word about is you can fluff in the bog a fair crack of the Wankie favourite back in the day, "Wankies Never Die". A slight variation of Rhodesians Never Die. Worlds full of deluded souls obviously.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the meth problem in my manor. Worse than previously thought. Seems the production is intensive. Several houses have been cited as most likely used in the cooking of this horrible substance.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the meth problem in my manor. Worse than previously thought. Seems the production is intensive. Several houses have been cited as most likely used in the cooking of this horrible substance.
Assuming you have reported your "Suspected" meth houses to the police?
Old Mar 29th 2021, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
Assuming you have reported your "Suspected" meth houses to the police?
Joking surely? Some are suggesting get a media company involved. One thing it has been an eye opener. It has been suggested by others who have experienced similar or worse, as best option sell and move on.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 1:06 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

But word about is you can fluff in the bog a fair crack of the Wankie favourite back in the day, "Wankies Never Die". A slight variation of Rhodesians Never Die. Worlds full of deluded souls obviously.
uh uh
Old Mar 29th 2021, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Joking surely? Some are suggesting get a media company involved. One thing it has been an eye opener. It has been suggested by others who have experienced similar or worse, as best option sell and move on.
If that's what you think is best. I doubt very much BE will be able to help.
Old Mar 29th 2021, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If that's what you think is best. I doubt very much BE will be able to help.
I don't come onto a forum as this seeking help. What I do is point out the widespread use and production of meth in particular. This may avail people to be wary of the neighbourhood they are moving into, although all areas are or can be impacted. There are tell tale signs. Ventilation pipes running down the wall, a constant display of bedsheets , tea towels and the like. (used to cover surfaces to avoid contamination, blinds constantly drawn, possible odd solvent like odours (less so as become more sophisticated in production) odd cars coming all hours, tinkering in and under cars concealing 'things' and so on. But the truth is there is a more sophisticated operator these days that play at being happy families , professional in occupation, has a cat or dog (s) who normally wouldn't cross the road on a red light Almost impossible to gain evidence and who use the law to secure 'business' in the shape of RO's if felt being under observation. Make even likely 'encourage' a reaction in order to state that they feel unsafe. Obviously if suspicions were indeed a call to action by those with the means to do so things could be at least come under some control.
Hence, on reflection probably close to impossible to really know if street is being misused illegally in drug production, unless overt as we experienced a year ago.(or know the signs as I have articulated above, but not something the casual observer would likely be in a position to note) It is little wonder that Australia leads the world in the scourge of meth misuse. Those that work on the front line like doctors and metal health professionals are well versed on the subject matter. I recall the comments from a doctor from England who was aghast at the meth abuse and results of, that he encountered. Not evident at all in England to date. Good luck on them keeping it out.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't come onto a forum as this seeking help. What I do is point out the widespread use and production of meth in particular. This may avail people to be wary of the neighbourhood they are moving into, although all areas are or can be impacted. There are tell tale signs. Ventilation pipes running down the wall, a constant display of bedsheets , tea towels and the like. (used to cover surfaces to avoid contamination, blinds constantly drawn, possible odd solvent like odours (less so as become more sophisticated in production) odd cars coming all hours, tinkering in and under cars concealing 'things' and so on. But the truth is there is a more sophisticated operator these days that play at being happy families , professional in occupation, has a cat or dog (s) who normally wouldn't cross the road on a red light Almost impossible to gain evidence and who use the law to secure 'business' in the shape of RO's if felt being under observation. Make even likely 'encourage' a reaction in order to state that they feel unsafe. Obviously if suspicions were indeed a call to action by those with the means to do so things could be at least come under some control.
Hence, on reflection probably close to impossible to really know if street is being misused illegally in drug production, unless overt as we experienced a year ago.(or know the signs as I have articulated above, but not something the casual observer would likely be in a position to note) It is little wonder that Australia leads the world in the scourge of meth misuse. Those that work on the front line like doctors and metal health professionals are well versed on the subject matter. I recall the comments from a doctor from England who was aghast at the meth abuse and results of, that he encountered. Not evident at all in England to date. Good luck on them keeping it out.
Must be your area. No tell tale signs here. Might be time to move.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Must be your area. No tell tale signs here. Might be time to move.
AS I wrote, you may well not be even aware. I fully accept this may have been most likely my situation, until a rogue element set up shop and broke all the rules. Even the meth makers were contacting the cops. Car chases, breaking down of doors and violence not the perfect business model for your 'hard working' , with appearances to protect neighbourhood drug producers.
As property managers, along with an assortment of other people have suggested, it is everywhere. No areas are off limits. The make up of so many Australian suburbs, with minimal contacts with neighbours , just adds to furtile ground for any desired illicet operations. No wonder drug abuse is something Australia scores highly in.
Old Apr 4th 2021, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost 9 Billion dollars squandered on drugs in Australia in 2020. It's everywhere in every state. My area is bad simply because I know what to look for but even so, doesn't explain the high volume of drugs being manufactured from houses. But it is perhaps the most outstanding problem in Australia at present. Housing prices would be up there but drugs have the potential to cause great distress within the community.
We need a government that will tackle the issue with the seriousness it deserves. Special numbers to call when spotted outside of the ineffective number at present. Declare a war on drugs and those making money from the potential sufferings of others.
Old Apr 4th 2021, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost 9 Billion dollars squandered on drugs in Australia in 2020. It's everywhere in every state. My area is bad simply because I know what to look for but even so, doesn't explain the high volume of drugs being manufactured from houses. But it is perhaps the most outstanding problem in Australia at present. Housing prices would be up there but drugs have the potential to cause great distress within the community.
We need a government that will tackle the issue with the seriousness it deserves. Special numbers to call when spotted outside of the ineffective number at present. Declare a war on drugs and those making money from the potential sufferings of others.
Over here, the powder drug is mostly imported from South America, not made in your dirty over priced rental. (Can't believe you brought house prices into this)

Your man Mark McGowan should be tackling it, its local to Perth, we don't need to be spending resources on your problem. Sadly you all went for the one trick pony shut the borders policy.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Over here, the powder drug is mostly imported from South America, not made in your dirty over priced rental. (Can't believe you brought house prices into this)

Your man Mark McGowan should be tackling it, its local to Perth, we don't need to be spending resources on your problem. Sadly you all went for the one trick pony shut the borders policy.
It is not local to Perth.(although it is a massive problem here as in country WA) It is Australia wide. Tasmania to Toowoomba and all in between. It is not being policed to the extent it deserves quite frankly anywhere. It is being home produced with ease in bedrooms let alone in a dirty over priced rental. Such comments are why Australia in part is in the poor shape it is in. No point fingering McGowan. All to my knowledge (NSW for example) have not addressed the problem. It is a big earner with lots of fingers in the pie. Your ignorance on the Australian drug problem and events around that are astounding. Adelaide seems to be the meth capital of Australia at the moment. But few places escape. It is not only meth's of course, just that Australia is a world leader in this sort of drug abuse.

As for house prices, let me explain then believe. House prices are beyond the reach of most young now. At least with out a very substantial mortgage of working life existence. I think increasingly many are looking for a means of circumventing that. As I don't wish to encourage drug manufacture I won't give out more than say it is widespread and expect some think it as a way of addressing the imbalance at least in part, from the apparent ease their parents had in home purchase, back in the days before houses became commodities to wheel and deal.

Last edited by the troubadour; Apr 5th 2021 at 2:47 am.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It is not local to Perth.(although it is a massive problem here as in country WA) It is Australia wide. Tasmania to Toowoomba and all in between. It is not being policed to the extent it deserves quite frankly anywhere. It is being home produced with ease in bedrooms let alone in a dirty over priced rental. Such comments are why Australia in part is in the poor shape it is in. No point fingering McGowan. All to my knowledge (NSW for example) have not addressed the problem. It is a big earner with lots of fingers in the pie. Your ignorance on the Australian drug problem and events around that are astounding. Adelaide seems to be the meth capital of Australia at the moment. But few places escape. It is not only meth's of course, just that Australia is a world leader in this sort of drug abuse.

As for house prices, let me explain then believe. House prices are beyond the reach of most young now. At least with out a very substantial mortgage of working life existence. I think increasingly many are looking for a means of circumventing that. As I don't wish to encourage drug manufacture I won't give out more than say it is widespread and expect some think it as a way of addressing the imbalance at least in part, from the apparent ease their parents had in home purchase, back in the days before houses became commodities to wheel and deal.
Call your local member RE drugs. Get him or her to out the pressure on McGowan and the WA police.

House prices for first home buyers are fine if they buy within their capabilities in affordable areas. It's called the property ladder for a reason. You should jump on it.
Old Apr 5th 2021, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Call your local member RE drugs. Get him or her to out the pressure on McGowan and the WA police.

House prices for first home buyers are fine if they buy within their capabilities in affordable areas. It's called the property ladder for a reason. You should jump on it.
There's a reason I didn't vote McGowan. I already mentioned, I believe, local sitting ALP member for Perth removed me from his Facebook page for questioning a lie written. Firstly you do not get past the 'minders' but secondary, even managed to collar him at a brief meeting to little avail. Same for ALP MLA. Although expressed a rat infestation of drugs in the neighbourhood, had hundreds of photo copied material printed for my collection with regards border control.
Local council useless. Police pointless. Spoken about it but won't go into detail on a public forum apart from stating a resource not to depend on. Same issues all over Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.