the drought

Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:18 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the drought

Originally Posted by rangersman2
can you use bore water on your gardens as much as you like or only on your watering days (Perth) as a neighbour has it on more than on his watering day, thanks Paul.
You'd need to contact the water authority or your local council about that.

Also one of the problems with respect to gardens is that people in drier parts of the country planting the wrong stuff. There are many native plants etc that can be bought from your local nursery that live on far less water. Also watering the roots and not wasting it over the leaves etc makes for more efficient use of water.

6PR 882AM have a gardening segment wednesday arvo at 1pm and sat n sun 8-10 I think. You can ring in with your questions. www.6pr.com.au for details
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
If feasible, this would be a bloody good idea. Maybe you should email it to senior pollies on both sides of the camp...seriously.
Headlines:

"GST INCREASED TO 1010% TO PAY FOR WATER SAVING TECHNOLOGY"

"EVIAN SOLD OUT AS CHEAP LAWN WATER"

WW
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:08 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

If feasible, this would be a bloody good idea. Maybe you should email it to senior pollies on both sides of the camp...seriously.
l would probably get a knighthood for coming up with such a brilliant idea, you would have to call me Sir Lord Pom Percy.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:23 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
l would probably get a knighthood for coming up with such a brilliant idea, you would have to call me Sir Lord Pom Percy.
Lol
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:25 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Headlines:

"GST INCREASED TO 1010% TO PAY FOR WATER SAVING TECHNOLOGY"

"EVIAN SOLD OUT AS CHEAP LAWN WATER"

WW
Lol wombat...I did use the term 'if feasible'
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

If you buy water, to fill a tank, can you use it as you wish?

I would be quite happy to pay a premium for this of course.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Lol wombat...I did use the term 'if feasible'
Anything is feasible, it just co$t$ money

WW
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:59 am
2Ozornot2Oz? yes it is!!!

Location: Cold wet cold rain Norn Iron! not for long, woohoo!!!!!
Rusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud ofRusty Ken has much to be proud of

It seems like using grey water would be an excellent idea, however am i right in thinking that some of areas of Queensland will not let you use grey water?
and if not why not? if it can go to water garden and washing cars and things like that, it would seem that it would ba a sensible thing to do?
We are hoping to go Queensland, Brisbane ish, and are quite prepared to reduce reuse and recycle as much as possible!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

totally in agreement - With Oz holding the Worlds largest supply of Uranium, it could be used to better effect and because the country is so large...the power stations could be located well away from any settlements. Just hope George Bush doesnt start looking for more uranium instead of Oil!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:19 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Most Australians seem to be far more paranoid about any form of nucleaer power or uranium mining than they are about running out of water.
Personally, I think it should be compulsory for every new-built house to have a water-tank to catch rain run-off from roofs - but the governments couldn't control how much you use, or charge you for it. Maybe that's why they discourage the idea.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheCrone
Most Australians seem to be far more paranoid about any form of nucleaer power or uranium mining than they are about running out of water.
Personally, I think it should be compulsory for every new-built house to have a water-tank to catch rain run-off from roofs - but the governments couldn't control how much you use, or charge you for it. Maybe that's why they discourage the idea.
Water tanks are now compulsory with new builds in QLD.

The reason they were banned was due to the lack of maintenance by the home owner eg mossies, dead possums and the like. Current lifestyle is not, for most people, about home maintenance. "I'll do it next week".

When the rain returns and tank maintenance is forgotten about, I wonder if they are banned again?

WW
Old Dec 31st 2006, 9:52 pm
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TheCrone

I agree - any new houses built should have every water saving device available installed as they are being built
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:11 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

i live in cairns and in the previous 12 months copperlode dam(main water supply for cairns) has been over the spillway 9 of those months. the population of cairns is exploding but the government fails to look at new dams although there has been talk of pipelines to carry water south.
we are on water restrictions in cairns although the dams are full!
we lose so much water each year that could be captured.

i must admit that we use water freely and dont give it a second thought and at the moment i cannot see the point of getting a water tank, water saving devices, a pool cover etc

another wet season around the corner, another couple of trillion litres over the spillway.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:40 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by youngy73
i live in cairns and in the previous 12 months copperlode dam(main water supply for cairns) has been over the spillway 9 of those months. the population of cairns is exploding but the government fails to look at new dams although there has been talk of pipelines to carry water south.
we are on water restrictions in cairns although the dams are full!
we lose so much water each year that could be captured.

i must admit that we use water freely and dont give it a second thought and at the moment i cannot see the point of getting a water tank, water saving devices, a pool cover etc

another wet season around the corner, another couple of trillion litres over the spillway.

thats it im off to cairns!! i was going to ask if anybody was on this site was living out there, just to see if they had probs.

what i want to know is, is there a section of the council/government that we can start complaining to? or do i just write to every one who works there as well as the people at melbourne water.

i go to food factories as i am a service engineer and you should see some of the water waste that goes on. i see so many hosepipes without the nozzle handle on them, water pouring out of the pipes while the guy is having a fag!!

i think its just not on that we get slated in the press and told that we are on restrictions when industry is wasting so much water.

i am thinking of leaving austrailia as i dont see any progress on any front concerning this issue. i would gladly pay extra in my taxes so that i know that when i want a shower i can have one and not worry if i go over 3 mins!!!

oh well i presume it will all work out and we will have either a very very dry aussie land in the next few years with people putting up with no water or we could have a completely desserted aussie land and everyone has gone to UK again!!!!!! or canada, europe. !!!!
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by td1
thats it im off to cairns!! i was going to ask if anybody was on this site was living out there, just to see if they had probs.

what i want to know is, is there a section of the council/government that we can start complaining to? or do i just write to every one who works there as well as the people at melbourne water.

i go to food factories as i am a service engineer and you should see some of the water waste that goes on. i see so many hosepipes without the nozzle handle on them, water pouring out of the pipes while the guy is having a fag!!

i think its just not on that we get slated in the press and told that we are on restrictions when industry is wasting so much water.

i am thinking of leaving austrailia as i dont see any progress on any front concerning this issue. i would gladly pay extra in my taxes so that i know that when i want a shower i can have one and not worry if i go over 3 mins!!!

oh well i presume it will all work out and we will have either a very very dry aussie land in the next few years with people putting up with no water or we could have a completely desserted aussie land and everyone has gone to UK again!!!!!! or canada, europe. !!!!

We are probably going to end up with Electricity restrictions as well, as the Government sold of these utilities a while back, and since then new infrastructure becomes bottom of the list... Bit like California.

What will the Greenies say... conserve electricity, oh but you cant have a wind farm there it will spoil the view, and mention Nuclear, and they will turn purple and explode.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.