Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

driving test 'failed it'

driving test 'failed it'

Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:53 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Thumbs down driving test 'failed it'

hi all

not been on for ages, well on monday i sat my driving test for the first time and failed it , everything was perfect apart from 1 thing it was my observation. tried to book it again but they said by law you have to wait 10 days and as we are coming over on the 5th i cannot get a booking date .
so now i will have to wait till i get over can anyone tell me what the test is like there to sit is it just the same as here. the route my driving instuctress took me on was murder maybe she just hates men i dont no only kiddin ladies .

john
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:34 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving test 'failed it'

Originally Posted by jocky boy
hi all

not been on for ages, well on monday i sat my driving test for the first time and failed it , everything was perfect apart from 1 thing it was my observation. tried to book it again but they said by law you have to wait 10 days and as we are coming over on the 5th i cannot get a booking date .
so now i will have to wait till i get over can anyone tell me what the test is like there to sit is it just the same as here. the route my driving instuctress took me on was murder maybe she just hates men i dont no only kiddin ladies .

john
Sorry to hear that John.....hope all's well for the move..

Cheers

Ginny
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

john
Best o luck next time Jocky.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

hi all

john
Sorry you failed.
Passed mine 4th attempt. Sheer nerves everytime!! Had same examiner twice.
Nightmare.
Better luck next time.
Sharon.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:13 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

where about in Glasgow are you mate, where are you off to

hi all

john
Old Apr 26th 2006, 7:33 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Hi mate,

im from kirkintilloch just outside glasgow do you know it i am going to mandurah just down from perth i believe an hour and a half or so done my driving test in springburn

john
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

john

sorry about driving test...nerves i suppose...took me 5 attemps..mostly nerves got the better of me...but then some people might say its cos im a woman...lol

as regards drivning test in aus...from what ive read its very simliar to uk test..u have theory then a driving test...dont know about prices etc..but sure someone on here will help you out...

dont lose faith..u will pass...probably when u less stressed about everything else...

good luck...

regards

lolly
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

john
Sorry you did not pass your test. Can't help with the tests in Australia as none of us needed to do one thankfully, we only had the theory to do. One thing though in UK I did with two of my children is got them to take their test in our car. Knowing that the test centre had some horrendous routes I figured that they would get an easy route as the examiner would not have the dual controls and would not want to put him/herself in danger. Not sure if it worked but they both passed,
Old Apr 26th 2006, 9:42 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

Thanks guys,

i heard that you didn't have to do the theory i dont mind the theory though thats the easy part.

john
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:34 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear you didn't pass, it was 3rd time lucky for me.

My SIL passed here in Qld a couple of months back. It sounded alot easier than what I had to do in England. Apparently if you mess something up it doesn't matter as you get 3 attempts on everything. They also don't teach the emergency stop or reversing round a corner. As standard everyone has to do a spot of reverse parellel parking.
hope that helps.

Marie
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Cool Re: driving test 'failed it'

Hi

Has anyone sat their driving test in Western Australia.
Did you have to sit a written test.

Beth
Old Apr 27th 2006, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

There's no such thing as failure.

You're either "Competent", or "Not Yet Competent".
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

john

tough luck - but it is easier out here - not sure about other states but here in ACT they give licence out in cereal boxes - PM me if you want full info on my son's expereince - he passed out here
Old Apr 27th 2006, 3:24 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
Hi

Has anyone sat their driving test in Western Australia.
Did you have to sit a written test.

Beth
You can drive on a UK licence for a while but I'm not sure if it's 3 or 12 months. You will need to do a written test of which you must pass 27/30.

You can view the tests and have a go at them online (get a copy of the road code when you arrive as tests are based on it. It's free.).

Here is the link:

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/566.asp

Best of luck
Old Apr 27th 2006, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John

Well, I am nearly at the end of my 'refresher course' here in Cairns! If you want me to be honest - I am dreading the practical test! Absolutely hate the areas they take you to do it, they are a nightmare! Its around 'town' and 'industrial estates', the road markings are crap!(thats if there are any)! There is so much I cld say but I wont! My instructor actually said yesterday, its luck of the draw who you get and where they take you, some tests can be easy and some hard - thanks Reminds me of the UK! I had the most hated examiner in the area I lived - boy did I know it! He was later 'relieved' of his post due to numerous complaints!

I know I will be the same as I was in the UK - my nerves will get the better of me as soon as I sit in the car with the examiner and I will do everything wrong! Its so frustrating knowing you are a confident/good driver but just cant get thru the bloody test cause of nerves mad:

On a good note, our 19yr old son took his FIRST practical driving test 3 weeks ago - and PASSED! He had a lovely lady, yes you've guessed it, one of the 'considerate ones' - lucky bugger! We are over the moon that hes got it out of the way though - good on him eh

I've got to go for it now after all this practising and paying out SO MUCH money! ($50 per hr lesson) (20 GBP per hr in UK)

What state are you going to as rules are different - has been discussed on here a few times in the last few weeks. QLD where I live, I had to get an Australian 'Learners Licence' by taking the 'written test' before I cld drive here, they said my UK 'provisional licence' was not valid.

Good luck to you - hope you pass your next test

Have a good flight on the 5th!

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.