Driving Test

Old Jun 30th 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Gavin B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving Test

Hi

Has anyone passed their written test in Queensland or have got a website link with examples of questions?

And is it three months you have to exchange your British driving licence for an Qld one?

Thanks,

Gavin
Old Jun 30th 2003, 2:11 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving Test

Originally posted by Gavin B
Hi

Has anyone passed their written test in Queensland or have got a website link with examples of questions?

And is it three months you have to exchange your British driving licence for an Qld one?

Thanks,

Gavin
here's a link to the online version of the NSW one, if it's any help. I passed it OK first time.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...est/index.html
Old Jun 30th 2003, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

paddythepilot will become famous soon enoughpaddythepilot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Driving Test

Gavin,

I did the Queensland Driving Test in December 2000!

There are two parts, just like the UK......essentially a written Multi-choice test paper folowed by a driving skills test.

You really need to study for the written test cos things are slightly different to the UK, but only slightly!

I seems to remember that you have 3 months to sit your written exam after which you have a further 3 months to then take your actual driving test.......all in all I managed to get 6 months out of my UK license.

The driving test was quite easy, and they have a central telaphone booking system for all test, book yours early because there are many bookings and you don't want to find you have the only last booking in the middle of know where........which is what happend to me!

Good luck!