Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:53 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Thumbs down Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Hello folks,
Driving Licence Updates!

As I told earlier there are many who have flunked Computer Test for Driving License. I achived that status today, i am one of those

I took an appointment for both Basic computer test and Hazard Preception test (HPT).
Could not clear the Computer Test.
Comp Test = 75% (they say you have to get 78% total to pass). The supervisor told I was narrow, missed 1 question...!
I have booked on Monday again for the test. wtf (thats the fun) in mugging and vomiting the stupid silly questions. No but its imp...cant fun about it..!

Many question asked never appeared in booklet and its not on give way but questios on meters and some sequences that has never come across in life theortically...Like:
On Intersection (4 lanes), there is car of left wants to go straight, there is a car in front wants to go straight, there is a car on right wants to go straight, and you want to go straight. What is the sequence in which the cars should give ways. (And there is no give way or stop sign).
It should be all should give and all should wait (forever)
Well none of the 3 answers were correct... so what shold one do...
So be aware those type of tricky questions are asked..

Good part is I got aware of lot of indepts of driving Theortically as per Australian style, what is the main concern and what safety means. I would not mind appearing again. Its good, apprearing again wont let me forget...!

But I am again satisfied since I cleared HPT. Got 70%. The supervisor said cant give learners since I have to clear Comp. Test. And a Lecture over it: Did you understand how imp. are the laws, if you just drive w/o knowledge you cannot get a licence... and more and more...for almost 2 minutes... I was like YES MY LORD.. I would hear for whole day give me that lic first...

Well wish me luck for that comp test on Monday same time: 11:00 a.m.

Good luck to all who are now going to deal with such tests...
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Hello folks,
Driving Licence Updates!

As I told earlier there are many who have flunked Computer Test for Driving License. I achived that status today, i am one of those

I took an appointment for both Basic computer test and Hazard Preception test (HPT).
Comp Test = 75% (they say you have to get 78% total to pass). The supervisor told I was narrow, missed 1 question...!
I have booked on Monday again for the test. wtf (thats the fun) in mugging and vomiting the stupid silly questions. No but its imp...cant fun about it..!

Many question asked never appeared in booklet and its not on give way but questios on meters and some sequences that has never come across in life theortically...Like:
On Intersection (4 lanes), there is car of left wants to go straight, there is a car in front wants to go straight, there is a car on right wants to go straight, and you want to go straight. What is the sequence in which the cars should give ways. (And there is no give way or stop sign).

Good part is I got aware of lot of indepts of driving Theortically as per Australian style, what is the main concern and what safety means. I would not mind appearing again. Its good, apprearing again wont let me forget...!

But I am again satisfied since I cleared HPT. Got 70%. The supervisor said cant give learners since I have to clear Comp. Test. And a Lecture over it: Did you understand how imp. are the laws, if you just drive w/o knowledge you cannot get a licence... and more and more...for almost 2 minutes... I was like YES MY LORD.. I would hear for whole day give me that lic first...

Hard luck Pandya, sounds very complicated .
At least you have passed 1 of the tests. Good luck for Monday, seeing as you only just failed I am sure you will have no probs second time round . Will keep my fingers crossed for you and send some k.

Tracey
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:32 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck on Monday Pandya hope it goes ok.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

CheekyWeetus will become famous soon enough

Hello folks,
I remember this question. One of the vehicles is slightly further away from the junction thatn the others, which when applying the golden rule of "Always give way to your right" gives you a starting point for who needs to give way to who first.

When i learned to drive the one thing I was told never to forget was "always give way to the right" and the importance of this sank in when years later my dad was hit in the right side of his car as he passed through a green light at a junction by someone who had run a red light. My dad received partial responsibility (not much but some) for the accident for failing to give way to the right.

Could be worse, in Texas USA its a case of "everybody stops, everybody goes", biggest truck wins, everyone sues everyone else and the council.

Better luck next time
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:06 am

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Smile Re: Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Thanks for your good wishes and luck - Tracey and Gobbyjock.
Ofcourse for Karma, as well..
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:12 am

Post Re: Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Originally Posted by CheekyWeetus
I remember this question. One of the vehicles is slightly further away from the junction thatn the others, which when applying the golden rule of "Always give way to your right" gives you a starting point for who needs to give way to who first.

When i learned to drive the one thing I was told never to forget was "always give way to the right" and the importance of this sank in when years later my dad was hit in the right side of his car as he passed through a green light at a junction by someone who had run a red light. My dad received partial responsibility (not much but some) for the accident for failing to give way to the right.

Could be worse, in Texas USA its a case of "everybody stops, everybody goes", biggest truck wins, everyone sues everyone else and the council.

Better luck next time
Sorry to read about what happened to your Dad.
But thanks for pin-pointing the fact and the Rule.
I have seen US driving, esp. Texas. My personal exp. has been pretty rash driving out there.
Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:02 am

Thumbs up Re: Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Hello folks,
Driving Licence Updates!

Ok, Last time they failed me for 1 point (75%, it needs 78% to clear). This time I banged with a hugh score... of 94%
That too w/o putting that much efforts, yes but with lot of patience in exams. One might not want to ans instantly as I did but skip till the end moment by "answer Later" option...

btw I got the learner licence card from Vicroads and that card looks so cute ...
Thanks for your wishes...it worked I guess
Old Jul 18th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, Last time they failed me for 1 point (75%, it needs 78% to clear). This time I banged with a hugh score... of 94%
That too w/o putting that much efforts, yes but with lot of patience in exams. One might not want to ans instantly as I did but skip till the end moment by "answer Later" option...

btw I got the learner licence card from Vicroads and that card looks so cute ...
Thanks for your wishes...it worked I guess

Congratulations!!! 94% what a result .

Tracey
Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:07 pm

Thumbs up Re: Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Congratulations!!! 94% what a result .

Tracey
Ooh Yeh its good score. Thanks

I think the problem was with me last time, I meditate to know what the problem was. Its not Vicroads its somthing in me that resulted the result...
But its ok now, It reminds me of Abraham Lincoln's failure still he rose...
You may want to check this: http://members.aol.com/RVSNorton/Lincoln42.html
Truely insping...
Year 1935 and 36 are the most traumatic Years ...!!!
What a Emotional and Personal BreakDown...but he resisted.
He is another Hero, my defination says..
Old Jul 18th 2005, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

Hello folks,
Driving Licence Updates!

I practised the theory on the internet before I went for the real thing - passed (1 wrong) all the questions at the centre were the same as the internet! http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...uiz/index.html try this site and do the test on line for full marks
Old Jul 18th 2005, 3:23 pm

Lightbulb Re: Driving Lic: Test Updates: Flunked!

Originally Posted by capacity
I practised the theory on the internet before I went for the real thing - passed (1 wrong) all the questions at the centre were the same as the internet! http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...uiz/index.html try this site and do the test on line for full marks
Ooh I refered this link: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...est/index.html
Next time I would suggest your link as well..
Thanks.
Old Jul 19th 2005, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

atlantatoaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Ooh I refered this link: http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...est/index.html
Next time I would suggest your link as well..
Thanks.
great job mukesh
regards
priya
Old Jul 19th 2005, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by atlantatoaus
great job mukesh
regards
priya
Ooh Thanks
Have you decided on place yet?