Driving in Aus

Old Oct 6th 2004, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice
Default Driving in Aus

I have held my UK driving license for 9 years. Does this mean that I will only have to take my theory test when I get to Aus? and that I have 3 months to do so?

Thanks,
Martin

Last edited by Wigan Warrior; Oct 6th 2004 at 10:36 am.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 11:20 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving in Aus

Originally Posted by Wigan Warrior
I have held my UK driving license for 9 years. Does this mean that I will only have to take my theory test when I get to Aus? and that I have 3 months to do so?

Thanks,
Martin
Yes.....
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:33 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Even if you go over the 3 months you still only have to do the theory test. However, it will mean that you will not be allowed to drive from the 3 month point 'til the time you pass the theory test.

Cheers
Alistair
Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:40 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Hello,

Even if you go over the 3 months you still only have to do the theory test. However, it will mean that you will not be allowed to drive from the 3 month point 'til the time you pass the theory test.

Cheers
Alistair
I think if you go over the 3 months you have to do a full test, may be wrong, PM Jeremy, he may know more about it than me.

Walla
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:08 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

I think the rules depend on which state you are going to. In another post a guy who went to Tassie said he had to take both the theory and driving test...
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:28 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saraliz
I think the rules depend on which state you are going to. In another post a guy who went to Tassie said he had to take both the theory and driving test...
I think you're right.

Walla
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:33 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by walla1
Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Hello,

Cheers
Alistair

I think if you go over the 3 months you have to do a full test, may be wrong, PM Jeremy, he may know more about it than me.

Walla
I'm 90% sure that in VIC you only have to do the theory test, even after 3 months. A friend of mine recently did his test and this is what vicroads told him. It's probably worth contacting the driving organisation in the state to which you are going.

However, I would advise doing your test early as your licence is a handy ID card. I have been asked for mine several times, for example, when I joined the library.

Cheers
Alistair