Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

TRA (chef) can any successful applicants offer advice please!!!

TRA (chef) can any successful applicants offer advice please!!!

Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

blufresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up TRA (chef) can any successful applicants offer advice please!!!

recently returned negative TRA chef - 15 yrs experience 6 years as a chef
degree in hotel, catering NVQ - put in detailed references, including equipment etc - TRA unhelpful - can anyone please offer advice - please please !!!!!!!!!!!!! used migration consultants before as well :scared:
Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:23 pm
hells02

Default Re: TRA (chef) can any successful applicants offer advice please!!!

[QUOTE=blufresh]recently returned negative TRA chef - 15 yrs experience 6 years as a chef
degree in hotel, catering NVQ - put in detailed references, including equipment etc - TRA unhelpful - can anyone please offer advice - please please !!!!!!!!!!!!! used migration consultants before as

Hi Husbands been a chef for 16yrs and passed TRA we did all what you said above,but included job sheets and a detailed list and description of the main things learnt in college, stocks, sauces, soups, methods etc
If we can help you any other way let us know.
Helen

Old Oct 5th 2004, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blufresh
degree in hotel, catering NVQ - put in detailed references, including equipment etc - TRA unhelpful - can anyone please offer advice - please please !!!!!!!!!!!!! used migration consultants before as well :scared:

Qualifications are not as a chef? If not TRA want 6 years experience, if you've only been doing it 6 years you could be marginal. Just my guess any way
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:07 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=hells02]
degree in hotel, catering NVQ - put in detailed references, including equipment etc - TRA unhelpful - can anyone please offer advice - please please !!!!!!!!!!!!! used migration consultants before as

Hi Husbands been a chef for 16yrs and passed TRA we did all what you said above,but included job sheets and a detailed list and description of the main things learnt in college, stocks, sauces, soups, methods etc
If we can help you any other way let us know.
Helen
Hi thanks for the response - you state you included job sheets, are these job descriptions?
When did your husband apply? good luck!! I don't think you will have probs.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:17 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Which consultants?

Sounds like the documentation wasn't up to the mark ... if you want my colleague Glenn Newton (former director of TRA) to advise formally as to the prospects of an appeal please advise your details here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#appraisal

Best regards.

Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Which consultants?

Sounds like the documentation wasn't up to the mark ... if you want my colleague Glenn Newton (former director of TRA) to advise formally as to the prospects of an appeal please advise your details here:
http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#appraisal

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

It was 5 years ago accountancy firm in London - through vetasses for HR manager - told us no probs you will get through and guess what a big fat NO
7 yrs experience IPD qualified HND business and finance.

I know something is missing with the application - or a misunderstanding with TRA - TRA never reply to emails, this morning didn't answer the phone - ok I know it was a long weekend in Canberra just gone - but they state they are open on a Wednesday, and they weren't. Just like they state they will contact all references and don't - ( I know it is for auditing purposes) - but why say it, if they don't do it.
Spoke to Marina the other day - helpful - but I need confidence in something.

cheers

Last edited by blufresh; Oct 6th 2004 at 1:54 pm.