Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Drinks Sat 4th July Sydney CBD?

Drinks Sat 4th July Sydney CBD?

Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

bbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant future
Default Drinks Sat 4th July Sydney CBD?

Dose anyone out there fancy some bevies this Saturday in Sydney's CBD.

We are recently arrived poms who are looking to meet some new people.

I recon "Fortunes Of War" down the rocks is a decent pub (although some may not think so) + there is a good value place a few doors down where you can cook your own stakes if anyone wants to join us for a bite.

I did make a posting suggesting the above on Friday, but somethings come up.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:28 am
Just Joined

bbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant futurebbqbill has a brilliant future
Default Re: Drinks Sat 4th July Sydney CBD?

come on guys.. Surely someone must be up for it?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 11:47 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bbqbill
come on guys.. Surely someone must be up for it?
Why not come out for drinks on Thursday? A reasonable sized group of us meet up in the city every Thursday evening for drinks and a bite to eat. Last week's was at PJ O'Brien's, this week we are heading to The Mercantile in The Rocks.

Thursday Drinks Meet Up thread

S
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

http://www.britpop.com.au/

I notice there is a "brit pop" night at the Abercrombie this saturday...Quite fancy that!

(Can't wait for the Specials at the end of the month!)
Old Jul 1st 2009, 12:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde

I notice there is a "brit pop" night at the Abercrombie this saturday...Quite fancy that!

We used to go to that quite a lot, but it's nowhere near as good as the one at Madam De Biers in The Cross on a friday night. The DJ is a bit dull, and never plays anywhere near enough old school Britpop. Too much new stuff for drunken kids. Well, that's my take on it anyway.

When's the job interview?

S
Old Jul 1st 2009, 3:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Why not come out for drinks on Thursday? A reasonable sized group of us meet up in the city every Thursday evening for drinks and a bite to eat. Last week's was at PJ O'Brien's, this week we are heading to The Mercantile in The Rocks.

Thursday Drinks Meet Up thread

S
I have been on one of your soiree's. It was the easter bank holiday one, We had a great time (from what we can remember)!

We would love to go more often but Thursdays are not ideal. We both work out west and Im not a fan of the work day hangover (although it is only Friday).

A Friday meet up would be great! That would be a great way to start the weekend.

Thanks for the invite... We will have to come along to another one of your meet ups sometime if thats ok.. Check out the magnificent sideburns again!

(Can't wait for the Specials at the end of the month!)
I would be more than happy to switch to the Abercrombie not been b4 but it looks good.

Personally I would be up for a quieter pub + some food b4 the mayhem.

Let me know if you want to meet up.

(Amen about the specials, one of my favorites!)
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

When's the job interview?
this morning....don't ask!!!

see you later!
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 4:50 am
has lost The Game

this morning....don't ask!!!

see you later!

Sounds like you need a beer!

S
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

After 27 wines it didn't seem so bad!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:34 am
has lost The Game

After 27 wines it didn't seem so bad!

Jeez - and you're still standing?

n
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

well I made it into a cab and got home! miraculously!