Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Door to port shipping

Door to port shipping

Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

bearstocats is a jewel in the roughbearstocats is a jewel in the roughbearstocats is a jewel in the roughbearstocats is a jewel in the rough
Default Door to port shipping

I'm thinking of using Voovit to ship personal effects but this will mean having to clear customs and quarantine myself. Does anyone have experience of doing this? It seems to be possible from what I've read on the relevant websites although looks like it means visiting separate customs and AQIS offices. I intend to make sure there's no "high risk" items e.g. wood, garden tools etc to avoid the need for an inspection but would be interested to find out what happens in practice.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 12:59 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Arrow Re: Door to port shipping

I'm in a similar position, so just wondering what the replies will be...

So far doing it my self has been a real pain in the backside. My container is on it's way to Brisbane port as I type. That reminds me make sure you get the 'Bill of Laden' of the shipper when it leaves...

You also need to your...

Shipping Inventory,
Photo Copy of Passport (All Pages)!
Customs Form B534. (http://www.customs.gov.au )
A full address in Australia is required.

Thats all I know at the moment...

Will post if I find out more...
Old Nov 9th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Door to port shipping

I cleared some things of my own in Sydney and customs and aqis were in same building and same room! Counters one side for customs first and when they stamp your docs went to counters on other side for quarantine stamp. Was straight forward.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

bearstocats is a jewel in the roughbearstocats is a jewel in the roughbearstocats is a jewel in the roughbearstocats is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Door to port shipping

Sounds encouraging - appreciate the response