Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dont solicitors pi** you off

dont solicitors pi** you off

Old Jun 7th 2005, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default don't solicitors pi** you off (selling house)

just a Short word on solicitors for those of us that are selling our homes.
are you happy with them.?
when you call them do you just get passed on to the secretary (mine has 4 ) and i seem to get a different one each time i call, they never seem to remember me and i have to explain the same thing to them every time.
i have to call THEM all the time to get any info
they almost never to return my calls
the solicitors is always with a client
and they can never put there hand on my file just right now and say can you call back at so and so.

are they all like this or is it just mine

and why is it so complected to sell a house ?

sory for the bit of a rant.

Last edited by robert cowan; Jun 7th 2005 at 9:46 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 9:41 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dont solicitors pi** you off

Originally Posted by robert cowan
when you call them do you just get passed on to the secretary (mine has 4 ) and i seem to get a different one each time i call, they never seem to remember me and i have to explain the same thing to them every time.
and they can never put there hand on my file just right now and say can you call back at so and so.

ours was like that too mate....did our head in.....then the bastard sent his bill....well that was a cracker also
Old Jun 7th 2005, 9:52 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Ours has been great always had time to speak to us
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:09 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Wink Re: don't solicitors pi** you off (selling house)

Originally Posted by robert cowan

Why not pay them a surprise visit on a couple of occasions. Should keep them on their toes.

Neil
Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Lori&Andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Our solicitor was good it was the estate agent that we had an issue with the solicitor even suggested that we didn't pay them but we had to. A week before completion they called and told me whilst my other half was at his grandmother's funeral, that the buyer wanted me to let an engineer in that day to do a full structural survey it turned out it was a basic one so they panicked me for nothing, honestly you'd think ours was working for the buyer the way they behaved. Keep pestering the solicitor, get an e-mail address and keep sending them faxes you'll get there in the end.

Best of Luck

Lori