Reload this Page >

Don't come to the Gold Coast

Don't come to the Gold Coast

Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:38 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't come to the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by joho
Where is that, surely thats not the outside area. Is it anywhere near the galleries.

Jo
The bulk of the area from the end of the M32 through to the Galleries got flattened. That is outside, but under cover, if that makes sense.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 5:55 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Broadmead has changed a bit since you last saw it. !!

Its now Cabot Circus... very posh
Bloody hell. So is that taken from that central area where that fountain used to be? The one the crusties used to sit on?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
Bloody hell. So is that taken from that central area where that fountain used to be? The one the crusties used to sit on?
I thinks its around that general area. I haven't actually seen it myself as it all started happening after I moved out here as well... but some of the people I know in Bristol did say it was mightily impressive. The city center needed it to compete with The Mall
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:08 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

I thinks its around that general area. I haven't actually seen it myself as it all started happening after I moved out here as well... but some of the people I know in Bristol did say it was mightily impressive. The city center needed it to compete with The Mall
The Mall should never have been built. There are too many Councils in the former Avon area each with different competing agendas.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:39 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Never was a big fan of The Mall, but Broadmead was a mightily oppresive place if visited outside main shopping hours. Very good friend of mine got a right shoeing there one night at 7 in the evening. And even in daytime, it had the stink of a rotten commercial centre about it. So congratulations Bristol for taking it on the chin and sorting it out. I really hope it's getting people back from the Mall and into the city centre.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its got some fab shops I know that - very trendy according to my 13 year old niece who managed to empty my credit card in Cabot Circus earlier this year. It was very busy, but still gave the impression of being spacious - and a vast improvement on the old area.

Originally Posted by joho

Hey Hutch didnt realise you were from Bristol. I used to live in Keynsham and Pensford.

Jo
My second home is in Willsbridge!

Last edited by Pollyana; Apr 17th 2009 at 6:49 am.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Jeezus wept One of MY threads turning into a shopping thread :curse: Now I'm seriously offended
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:52 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Jeezus wept One of MY threads turning into a shopping thread :curse: Now I'm seriously offended
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Come on now... you're a woman. Surely shopping is listed as one of your hobbies.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on now... you're a woman. Surely shopping is listed as one of your hobbies.
No I'm a rare breed of woman. I hate shopping of any description, loathe chocolate and can't drink wine. Still a bloody nightmare to live with though according to the husband
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:44 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

No I'm a rare breed of woman. I hate shopping of any description, loathe chocolate and can't drink wine. Still a bloody nightmare to live with though according to the husband
You do like to lunch though X
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

My second home is in Willsbridge!
Just round the corner. LOL

My goodness it must have changed heaps, when we went there in June 06 the littlewoods shop had been flattened, we knew then big things were happening.

Jo
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

It's plastic, too busy, too built up, too many highrises, beaches get too crowded in the holidays etc etc etc.

Went down here for my lunch and jeez it was depressing. Sorry it's a bit bright but that damned sun would get in the picture.
Just waiting to sell the house - shan't bother coming over now.... it looks rubbish
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Just waiting to sell the house - shan't bother coming over now.... it looks rubbish
Always sunny with blue skies......
Attached Thumbnails Don't come to the Gold Coast-dec-07.jpg   Don't come to the Gold Coast-currumbin-30-12-07.jpg  
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Julie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura aboutJulie9 has a spectacular aura about

It's plastic, too busy, too built up, too many highrises, beaches get too crowded in the holidays etc etc etc.

Went down here for my lunch and jeez it was depressing. Sorry it's a bit bright but that damned sun would get in the picture.

Oh no we have flights booked for Sept !!!! ah well i guess we'll just have put up with it!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.