Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't come to the Gold Coast

Don't come to the Gold Coast

Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't come to the Gold Coast

It's plastic, too busy, too built up, too many highrises, beaches get too crowded in the holidays etc etc etc.

Went down here for my lunch and jeez it was depressing. Sorry it's a bit bright but that damned sun would get in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails Don't come to the Gold Coast-kirra.jpg   Don't come to the Gold Coast-img_1221.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2009, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't come to the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It's plastic, too busy, too built up, too many highrises, beaches get too crowded in the holidays etc etc etc.

Went down here for my lunch and jeez it was depressing. Sorry it's a bit bright but that damned sun would get in the picture.

Looks horrific .... glad I live in the hinterland and not on the beach

Sharon
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:39 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Oi I thought we weren't allowed to tell others how awful it was down ere!!! X
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Oi I thought we weren't allowed to tell others how awful it was down ere!!! X

I've heard how dire it is a lot.

You'd never catch me down that way.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:40 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I've heard how dire it is a lot.

You'd never catch me down that way.
Not even Burleigh.................. X
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Its just as bad up here on Main beach...
Attached Thumbnails Don't come to the Gold Coast-more-suzanne-389.jpg   Don't come to the Gold Coast-more-suzanne-392.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

See.. It so tacky!!
Attached Thumbnails Don't come to the Gold Coast-more-suzanne-382.jpg   Don't come to the Gold Coast-more-suzanne-384.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:28 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
See.. It so tacky!!
Wheres that lighthouse Sarah? X
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:50 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

I stayed in Elanora last year with my uncle, I also found the empty beaches, lack of traffic, friendly people, lots of sunshine, clean and tidy streets, well maintained parks, all very depressing, so much so that when I returned I wrote to DIAC and demanded that they let me emigrate ASAP so I could go back and educate the people as to how it should be.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:52 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Its just as bad up here on Main beach...
and how did you get a photo of my OH??
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BandS
Looks horrific .... glad I live in the hinterland and not on the beach

Sharon
Blimey, it's no better there :eek More highrise hell. Sorry Shiels
Attached Thumbnails Don't come to the Gold Coast-img_1201.jpg   Don't come to the Gold Coast-img_1194.jpg   Don't come to the Gold Coast-cornwall-drive.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:01 pm
Use time wisely

Blimey, it's no better there :eek More highrise hell. Sorry Shiels
Nice undies in the photo Moneypen
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
Nice undies in the photo Moneypen
I'll tell my daughter. She'll be well impressed You don't think I'd have posted that if they were mine do you?
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:21 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

On behalf of myself, my wife and my son could I also put in a plea for people not to come to South Coast, New South Wales. Why? There's so many reasons:

There's just no escape from the bloody tourist

The beaches are shit

You'll miss the green rolling hills and dramatic coastline

As you can see, my son absolutely loathes living here. He misses the Broadmead Shopping centre in Bristol.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Oi, you've got your own thread

Apologies to anyone opening my pics. A few who slipped through the pixresixer net.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.