Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't come to Australia if...

Don't come to Australia if...

Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Don't come to Australia if...

Originally Posted by Little Koala
On her first solo jump, my friend in the USA landed on a highway- she slammed into a roadsign that said 'Yield'...

Em
My second jump (i only ever did three) my harness was incorrectly positioned around my crutch... three minutes of my whole body weight being supported by my bollocks was compounded buy the drop zone being a large field full of Sheep... bloody stupid animals, no matter how loudly you yell at them from above they can't look up and consequenctly move in a totally manic random fashion.. lucky not to have been done for unatural acts with animals It was also the jump where after packing my parachute up and handing it back to the Army Sargent who was teaching us i realised my wrist watch had inexpliquably vanished... Bloody crap day all round, least i didn't hit the only building for 10 miles around like one of the other novice jumpers
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by worzel
Steady on, some of those are better than mine
arrh but you are the artist (0f the piss type) who had the imagination to start the thread.. i was adding to your work
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:03 am
1 week to go!

Little Koala is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrispy
Sheep... bloody stupid animals, no matter how loudly you yell at them from above they can't look up and consequenctly move in a totally manic random fashion.. lucky not to have been done for unatural acts with animals
They are daft creatures but I guess they're not used to large objects falling from the sky...did they help cushion your fall?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Little Koala
They are daft creatures but I guess they're not used to large objects falling from the sky...did they help cushion your fall?
I was actually quite slim and light in those days Fortunatley i managed to steer around them more by luck than design, though a couple of them did panic when the parachute enveloped them and it all when prematurely dark.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:30 am
1 week to go!

Little Koala is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrispy
I was actually quite slim and light in those days Fortunatley i managed to steer around them more by luck than design, though a couple of them did panic when the parachute enveloped them and it all when prematurely dark.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

ex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to all

LOL........we dont hate Poms, only the ones who whinge too much!!!....

I dont know what a 'Saffa' is, I have never heard that word before....colour me dumb then!!......

And Kiwis.....well, its a sports thing with them, you know, Cricket and Rugby.

I think Aussies love someone who can take a joke and give it right back!!

Great post too.........I love it!!