Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dolphins at Fingals Head

Dolphins at Fingals Head

Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:02 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dolphins at Fingals Head

Very cool photo of Dolphins surfing at Fingal Heads, NSW. The photo's not my own, but I've been in the surf myself when a pod of dolphins turned up, down at Gerroa on 7 mile beach.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...0739686&size=o

Last time I went surfing in the UK (down on the Gower with my brother, who lives there), I swam with an entirely different lifeform.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:55 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dolphins at Fingals Head

Originally Posted by Hutch
Very cool photo of Dolphins surfing at Fingal Heads, NSW. The photo's not my own, but I've been in the surf myself when a pod of dolphins turned up, down at Gerroa on 7 mile beach.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...0739686&size=o

Last time I went surfing in the UK (down on the Gower with my brother, who lives there), I swam with an entirely different lifeform.

Oooh, Jeeeeeez....The Gower! Llangenith to be precise....

I've surfed there a few times and it has to be, without doubt, the most obviously polluted water EVER!!..

The sand-dune sized foam was one of the biggest give-aways. That and the overpowering smell of caustic chemicals (probably from "up the road" at Port Talbot)....

Look on the bright side though....Surf there enough and you will probably grow a third arm and get through the lineup quicker...
Old Apr 19th 2006, 4:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dolphins at Fingals Head

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Oooh, Jeeeeeez....The Gower! Llangenith to be precise....

I've surfed there a few times and it has to be, without doubt, the most obviously polluted water EVER!!..

The sand-dune sized foam was one of the biggest give-aways. That and the overpowering smell of caustic chemicals (probably from "up the road" at Port Talbot)....

Look on the bright side though....Surf there enough and you will probably grow a third arm and get through the lineup quicker...
lol - It's pretty mad, isn't it. I wouldn't let my four year old son in the water and my brother got all defensive about the water quality. Still - did you hear about this?