Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our experience of Sunshine Coast...only bin here 4 weeks!

Our experience of Sunshine Coast...only bin here 4 weeks!

Old Mar 31st 2006, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default Our experience of Sunshine Coast...only bin here 4 weeks!

Hey Everyone
We finally made it after 2 years. Moved to Mooloolaba from Mitcham. Been here 4 wks and in a rental on the waterway $230 p/w! Best place in the world I reckon. We are settling in well. In the UK we both had senior managerial posts in the Met police. Now we are doing resort cleaning!! Yes, big change, however, the cleaning we can do together and when it suits us. Plus it is good exercise!!

What I love about this place:

1. Every morning at sunrise I cant wait to jump outa bed and sit on the balcony wiv a cuppa rather than hibernate and not wanna get up (like I did in UK)
2. We have crab pots going outside our flat and we cault two and we cooked em - gorgeous!
3. We work up the road cleaning wen we choose and it is like going to the gym
4. Mooloolaba is quiet, but lots to do and going on
5. Every Sat morning is garage sale day, wen we kit out our flat wiv bargains!!
6. We have bought a wave ski for paddling up and down the backyard waterway!

From living in Mitcham wiv a responsible streessful job, this is the best thing we hav ever done!

All of the Sunshine Coast is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards
The Spinkways
Old Mar 31st 2006, 8:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our experience of Sunshine Coast...only bin here 4 weeks!

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hey Everyone
We finally made it after 2 years. Moved to Mooloolaba from Mitcham. Been here 4 wks and in a rental on the waterway $230 p/w! Best place in the world I reckon. We are settling in well. In the UK we both had senior managerial posts in the Met police. Now we are doing resort cleaning!! Yes, big change, however, the cleaning we can do together and when it suits us. Plus it is good exercise!!

1. Every morning at sunrise I cant wait to jump outa bed and sit on the balcony wiv a cuppa rather than hibernate and not wanna get up (like I did in UK)
2. We have crab pots going outside our flat and we cault two and we cooked em - gorgeous!

From living in Mitcham wiv a responsible streessful job, this is the best thing we hav ever done!

Regards
The Spinkways

Does the resort cleaning pay well as its on a casual basis? Just asking as it seems ideal if you can get that kind of work to fit in with your life.

Good post.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 8:06 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

...Sounds bloody marvelous!!! Congratulations to you both, enjoy your new life

jackie x
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:07 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're settling in well.
Carry on enjoying it
Julie. x
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:31 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Muddies or Sandies?
Old Mar 31st 2006, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone

To answer ur questions.

The resort cleaning doesnt pay well, but they pay by unit (flat), so the quicker and better u get the more u earn. We get $33 per 2 bed apart. It takes 2 of us on average about 1 hr per room. Means thou we can start at 8am and have the afternoon free if we want to. We can also work together which is a bonus. They pay more for 3 bedders but we dont think it is worth the extra cleanin and time for the money. You get $38 for 3 bedder.

We have also tried doing temp airbrush tattoos at a local market, hired the kit from some one, but that didnt work out, wrong market!

The crabs were muddies.

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/4...abclaws4lm.jpg
Amazing!!

The Spinkways
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

[
"In the UK we both had senior managerial posts in the Met police".

You wern't the ones I used to moan about were you, "Bloody civvies" was in the met 14yrs.
Congrats on the Move I hope you enjoy the sunny coast, keep out of "Fridays"

"We have bought a wave ski for paddling up and down the backyard waterway"
Plenty of canals and waterways for that, I at Caloundra and we have the pumistone passage fantastic for a paddle or any type of boating but do not forget that all the canals are subject to bullsharks.
If I have a garage sale, I hope you will not be one of those that knock on the door at 5am
Old Apr 1st 2006, 5:30 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Great to hear you love it. We have been in Buderim for 18 months and still pinch ourselves. Glad to hear we weren't the only ones to chuck in good 'careers'. I now sell loos etc at North Coast Plumbing maroochydore and Dave - my other half - sells tele's at Wow sight and sound. Both casual contracts, only 3 days per week. The place is too good to be working all the time isn't it!

Sunshine Sarah
Old Apr 1st 2006, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Everyone

We have an exciting update to our new life. This morning not only did we catch another boy big muddie crab , we cault a 2 foot fat eel!!!!!! After my brave man spent ages trying to kill the bugger, it is now safely dead and in the fridge. We are weighing up whether to eat it or use it for bait. Decisions ...decisions!!!!! How are we going to cope, cope that is with enjoying ourselves too much!

So to day, Sunday, we will be having a different kinda Sunday lunch! After we get back from the local market in Bli Bli, we will be cycling as to get some exercise!!

Will keep u updated re our new experinces!

The Happy Spinkways
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 3:00 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Hey Everyone

Regards
The Spinkways
it's great here innit!?

glad to hear you're loving it!

Good luck.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone

We have an exciting update to our new life. This morning not only did we catch another boy big muddie crab , we cault a 2 foot fat eel!!!!!! After my brave man spent ages trying to kill the bugger, it is now safely dead and in the fridge. We are weighing up whether to eat it or use it for bait. Decisions ...decisions!!!!! How are we going to cope, cope that is with enjoying ourselves too much!

So to day, Sunday, we will be having a different kinda Sunday lunch! After we get back from the local market in Bli Bli, we will be cycling as to get some exercise!!

Will keep u updated re our new experinces!

The Happy Spinkways
You know I really enjoyed reading this thread - we are looking at settling on the sunshine coast and can image the lifestyle you have too. Would love to do what you guys have done.
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 8:09 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Talking of the sunshine coast, has anyone heard from Rooksie?
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 10:03 am
sunshinesarah

sunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud ofsunshinesarah has much to be proud of

Hi again
We are just up the road in Buderim. We have 3-4 days off a week and that resort cleaning sounds good if we need a few more hours work here and there, without committing ourselves.

Can I ask how you got to hear about it and do you have any contact details?

Many thanks
Sunshine Sarah
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Everyone

No we havnt heard of Rooksie.

The best way to get cleaning work is get the Sunshine Coast yellow pages and a highlighter pen and ring around. Busy times like school hols will be better. We have friends in Caloundra, they get more than $60 for cleaning a unit and takes 2 of em approx 1 hr 30 mins. I think it is hit n miss and a lotta luck!

The Spinkways
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Talking of the sunshine coast, has anyone heard from Rooksie?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365156

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.