Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dogs - UK to Australia

dogs - UK to Australia

Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

brushmate is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile dogs - UK to Australia

Hi does anybody no about bringing dogs in from the uk to australia,do all dogs have to stay in quarantine for 30 days
Old Mar 18th 2010, 1:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dogs - UK to Australia

Originally Posted by brushmate
Hi does anybody no about bringing dogs in from the uk to australia,do all dogs have to stay in quarantine for 30 days
I've moved your post to a new thread so you are more likely to get answers
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they do.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

Ours spent 30 days in melbourne, we visited 3 times a week
Old Mar 19th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes 30 days quarantine from UK they'll need to be vaccinated but do ensure that you get your vet to NOT give the LEPTO part of the jab. As it needs time to get out the system.

You'll need an import permit and the dogs will need to have 4 blood tests done for various diseases, best thing to do is have a chat with a few dog shipping companies, I did this and went with the one I felt most happy with (Overhills) they all have websites as well. There are things that have to be organised so have a chat with them and they will explain timescales etc.

I brought 4 dogs with me and will def use same shipper again when we import a puppy in next couple of years, we're up to 5 dogs now as have a 17 week old 'Aussie' puppy as well
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

brushmate is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: dogs - UK to Australia

Hi thanks for the info,when you say overhills was that the name of the pet shipper you used? can you remember how much it was
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

KarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant futureKarenBK has a brilliant future

Hi,

This link to the Aussie government site is brilliant for detailing the process of bringing your pet into Australia. Well worth a read:-

http://www.daff.gov.au/__data/assets...on-package.pdf

If you need contact details for pet transport companies, here are some good names:-

http://www.dogwalks.com.au/index.php...d=34&Itemid=38

Very best wishes with your move,

Karen
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:09 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

We used Golden Arrow for our dog and cat, brilliant service.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
We used Golden Arrow for our dog and cat, brilliant service.
I have just had quite an expensive quote from Airpets and was racking my brains trying to remember the name of a company that I had seen good reports of in the past. You have just reminded me, it was Golden Arrow.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

miss_morph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I have just had quite an expensive quote from Airpets and was racking my brains trying to remember the name of a company that I had seen good reports of in the past. You have just reminded me, it was Golden Arrow.
Hi, i was also recommended 'petair' by someone on BE and they came in £1000 cheaper than 'airpets'
Sarah
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by miss_morph
Hi, i was also recommended 'petair' by someone on BE and they came in £1000 cheaper than 'airpets'
Sarah
Thank you Sarah, I will look those up too.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

gill.p is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: dogs - UK to Australia

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Thank you Sarah, I will look those up too.
I definately want to take my dog Zak to Perth from the UK, he is nearly nine though and I'm worried about the journey and how he will be it must be quite traumatic for them. I know it will be worth it when he gets there though. Has anyone got some advice? Gill P
Old Apr 1st 2010, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by gill.p
I definately want to take my dog Zak to Perth from the UK, he is nearly nine though and I'm worried about the journey and how he will be it must be quite traumatic for them. I know it will be worth it when he gets there though. Has anyone got some advice? Gill P
Not really got any advice, I took two cats to Bermuda and back although it is a much, much shorter journey. But they are fine and back to normal more or less immediately. Lots of people have moved their pets to Australia, I have not so far heard of a sorry ending to it. I share the view of many that being separated from an owner and put up for re-homing is far more traumatic than any flight.

Good luck.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

Hi,
Give Par Air a call as well, we used them to bring our dog over, and they were fantastic. They are a family business and were very helpful and took all our worries away by handling the injections, blood tests and transfer flights this end.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gill.p
Our dog was 7 when we brought him over, yes he did lose a bit of weight, but he soon bounced back. Also while they are in quarantine we paid for a company to call in and see him daily, they had instructions of his favourite treats (in our dog's case cheese) and they had permission to excercise him for us. Didn't cost a lot either. They also sent us weekly email pictures so we could see him during his stay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.