Dogs

Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dogs

My 2 Westies will definitely be coming with us when we make the move but till then i need a little advice...

Their annual boosters have lapsed by over a year (possibly 2) when should i get these done?

How will the vaccinations effect their blood tests?

How far in advance of travel do the bloods get done?

Thats it for now.... Many thanks

Lisa.x
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:16 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dogs

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
My 2 Westies will definitely be coming with us when we make the move but till then i need a little advice...

Their annual boosters have lapsed by over a year (possibly 2) when should i get these done?

Lisa.x
You need to get their boosters done asap EXCEPT THE LEPTO. Leave that one out. You need to provide their vaccination record cards for their import permit or they will not be allowed in without proof of regular boosters. They will also need to be microchipped. Their blood tests are done within 30 days of travelling.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:26 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa.x
Hi,

Try running a search about pet travel on this forum. There's been a few questions of late, particularly regarding the Lepto. It would appear that when the vaccinations are being made up you have to request the vet to dilute with water for injections and NOT Lepto.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 1st 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

Will need to have new course of vax, due to length of gap (Parvo will need 2 jabs at least)

Check to see if your practice is still doing the vaccine amnesty, as that 2nd jab will be free (to you).

Remember no Lepto.

Remind the vet no Lepto - often

Check the AQIS site for any change and info on blood tests etc.

http://www.daff.gov.au/content/outpu...ntType=outputs

Happy NY G.
Old Jan 1st 2006, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys, gonna phone the vet tomorrow and try and get them in before i go back to work.

Lisa.xx
Old Jan 1st 2006, 8:37 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Thanks Guys, gonna phone the vet tomorrow and try and get them in before i go back to work.

Lisa.xx
Lisa,
We brought our 2 dogs over in September through Airpets. We found them very informative. We just rang them up and they went through the whole process on the phone, including when to have boosters etc.

Neil
Old Jan 1st 2006, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, will give them a ring in the morning

Lisa.x