Dog Food

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:53 am
Just Joined

richab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nicerichab is just really nice
Default Dog Food

Hi there

My dog's currently in quarantine and I've been looking around at the dog food available here but can't see anything that's grain free. He was on Fish4dogs in the UK and did really well on that.

Can anyone recommend a food or online supplier that I could check out.

Thanks everyone
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog Food

Originally Posted by richab
Hi there

My dog's currently in quarantine and I've been looking around at the dog food available here but can't see anything that's grain free. He was on Fish4dogs in the UK and did really well on that.

Can anyone recommend a food or online supplier that I could check out.

Thanks everyone
I have a border collie and have taken him off dog food totally. He has enough energy without me feeding him carbs! I can't find anything that hasn't got rice, pasta or cereal in them in the supermarkets except really expensive 'dog steaks' in the fridges - they're about $5 a go and he'd eat 2 a day.

So I just buy all the marked down stuff in the supermarket or on my monthly trip to the butchers I pick up chicken mince and other stuff they have on sale as pet food - luckily they have a whole fridge of pet food. I then just freeze it and defrost enough for a few days as needed. He also eats almost all of our left overs - well he is only 5 month old

I got his diet from a dog trainer that I got in to help me with his seperation anxiety issues - he's a rescue dog and came with problems poor thing. It's called the BARF diet and you can read about it here