Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dog chewed the passports!

dog chewed the passports!

Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:47 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Default dog chewed the passports!

O.K - its still really early and we have just found our 'new' dog has chewed both our passports - so you can imagine the start to our sunday am.
They are pretty chewed but still recognisable but obviously they have the visa in -
Does anyone know what to do? do I contact the Brits or the Aussie's first?
I would be really grateful for any advice, we will still keep the dog (he gorgeous really) but this kind of stuff just makes us go barmy!
thankyou, thankyou from stressed in Beaumaris!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:49 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dog chewed the passports!

Dont you contact the British Consulate to get immediate replacements?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:50 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

If you still have British passports get new ones from the High Commission and then get a new visa stamped in it from immigration. Easy, expensive but easy.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:04 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

Husband has just said he won't change them - that we will use them all chewed - didn't think you could do that? You can still see the photo's and the visa but they have teeth marks all over them-
anyone travelled with passports like this?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

tipp1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I wouldn't take the chance by using them.
Passports are really important documents that you really need to take care of.
I realise it was an accident but I would definitely look to getting new passports and a new visa stamp. I don't think it's worth the risk meeting a fussy immigration / customs officer that may think they are dody passports. Also, once you get to Australia you'll need to show your passport to potential new employers, it may not give a good impression.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:28 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlotte
Husband has just said he won't change them - that we will use them all chewed - didn't think you could do that? You can still see the photo's and the visa but they have teeth marks all over them-
anyone travelled with passports like this?
You can't

I got stopped in KL for 3 days while my slightly damaged passport was renewed.

Ring the consulate - this is what they are here to do.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 8:31 pm
lotte

thanks for this,
can't believe I haven't even had a coffee yet!
didn't 'the bears' arrive about a year ago - I use to follow your threads.
Where are you now?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for this,
Where are you now?
http://www.britaus.net/ for your info on new passports.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tipp1974
Personally I wouldn't take the chance by using them.
Passports are really important documents that you really need to take care of.
I realise it was an accident but I would definitely look to getting new passports and a new visa stamp. I don't think it's worth the risk meeting a fussy immigration / customs officer that may think they are dody passports.
Not just that, airline staff will often refuse to accept damaged passports.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:10 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for this,
Where are you now?
We arrived in April 2006, still in Melbourne and enjoying ourselves
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

A couple of months ago I watched an episode of that Oz customs show, and they nearly didn't let a guy in because his Mum has accidently washed his passport. It looked okay, just a fair bit more dog eared than usual. I think dog chewed would prob be not a good idea, especially with a residency visa. They questioned me (and had the supervisor over etc) as the passport office forgot to put my middle name on my new passport, whilst the holiday visa I had was with my middle name. I didn't even notice till the customs lady pointed it out. Just not worth the risk.