Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

singapore and prescription meds

singapore and prescription meds

Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default singapore and prescription meds

Hi there,
we are going to australia in march with a stop over for two nights in singapore, i just wondered about the requirement to get a letter from your doctor if you are taking tablets with you. I will have some pain killers which i have on perscription and the contraception pill and probably some paracetamol which wont be perscription. do i have to get the dr to write a letter for all of these?
what did you do?
thanks
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:15 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: singapore and prescription meds

Originally Posted by sormesher
Hi there,
we are going to australia in march with a stop over for two nights in singapore, i just wondered about the requirement to get a letter from your doctor if you are taking tablets with you. I will have some pain killers which i have on perscription and the contraception pill and probably some paracetamol which wont be perscription. do i have to get the dr to write a letter for all of these?
what did you do?
thanks
Take enough to get you through to Oz?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Contraceptive and paracetemol will be fine. Your painkillers I guess would be fine, but I would google its name and Singapore, and if you have any doubt in your mind maybe e-mail the Singapore tourist info. I googled banned drugs in Singapore, and got this up - http://www.cnb.gov.sg/drugs/index.as...In%20Singapore if it helps. It's more the Middle East you need to worry about re. drugs. There is a pharmacy in Singapore airport which I'm sure sold paracetemol!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 12:48 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

There is another current thread on med transiting through Dubai and Singapore, see here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508855

The Pill, no problem. Paracetomol, no problem. The Singaporean painkiller of choice is Panadol and it's available everywhere. Doctors and Dentists dish out strong painkillers like they're smarties -Naproxen, Ultracet, etc. (And don't get me started on antibiotics.)

You should have no problems - I bring back several boxes of paracetomol and nurofen every year - but do keep your meds in their original packaging.