dog back to uk

Old Mar 26th 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Butterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to all
Default Re: dog back to uk

I'm sorry to interrupt but do you mean just going back to the UK because initial inquiries into getting out dog out to Australia was that she had to have rabies, then wait 4 weeks, then blood test, then wait 5 months then she could be flown out to Australia but would still have to do 30 days quarantine

Is that right or have I got what was said bum about face and does the above post only apply to dogs returning from Australia?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:50 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

This only applies to dogs returning to the UK, they still have to go through quarantine if you bring them here. The procedure coming this way is totally different.

Originally Posted by Butterfly Bokeh
I'm sorry to interrupt but do you mean just going back to the UK because initial inquiries into getting out dog out to Australia was that she had to have rabies, then wait 4 weeks, then blood test, then wait 5 months then she could be flown out to Australia but would still have to do 30 days quarantine

Is that right or have I got what was said bum about face and does the above post only apply to dogs returning from Australia?
Old Mar 26th 2012, 10:52 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mind if i ask who told you leptospirosis isnt a problem here as it definitely is?

Originally Posted by CEM
Once he arrived in the UK we had to have him vaccinated for leptospirosis too, which isn't a problem in Australia.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:11 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Do you mind if i ask who told you leptospirosis isnt a problem here as it definitely is?
Ill second that, our vet said it is as well and parvo even more so, our local pet shop have warning signs about the parvo - not lepto but I have heard it is rife.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:40 am
CEM
BE Enthusiast

CEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud ofCEM has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris955
Our vet in Sydney. He made it very clear that we should have Archie vaccinated as soon as possible after he arrived as Australia doesn't have a problem with it so they don't immunise for it. The two we've seen here said the same thing too (both have worked in Australia).
I thought it was odd - Australia has rats too!
Old Mar 27th 2012, 8:51 am
Banned

Yes it is very odd thing to say.

Originally Posted by CEM
Our vet in Sydney. He made it very clear that we should have Archie vaccinated as soon as possible after he arrived as Australia doesn't have a problem with it so they don't immunise for it. The two we've seen here said the same thing too (both have worked in Australia).
I thought it was odd - Australia has rats too!