Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does this happen in all schools in Australia ?

Wikiposts

Does this happen in all schools in Australia ?

Old Dec 9th 2011, 11:20 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does this happen in all schools in Australia ?

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Well, ya see that pile of straws over there?

Clutching is inevitable.

I bet all the teachers are on a plane to Barbados for 6 weeks, bastards.
I wish, I've taken on a casual job because at the time I didn't have a contract secured for next academic year, now I have, and will be paid over the summer but can't let the shop which I'm working in, down, as it's not my style! GRRRRR
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:13 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love the mob mentality in some of these threads.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

After working hard all year it's nice for the kids to spend the last week or even two winding down, school shouldn't be all work and no play.

Hats off to all you teachers out there, you all deserve a medal, I couldn't do your job.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:53 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smee
After working hard all year it's nice for the kids to spend the last week or even two winding down, school shouldn't be all work and no play.

Hats off to all you teachers out there, you all deserve a medal, I couldn't do your job.
After 11 years of it I'm not sure if I can either...lol
Old Dec 9th 2011, 12:54 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember in my secondary school, the week up to Christmas we barely did any real work at all, everyone seemed to be winding down and it was great fun as well.

Do they still do xmas nativity plays in the UK? my friend was saying her school doesnt have them as to not offend non christians, which is a shame.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

We're all uneducated bogans mate... What do you expect?

After my O Levels were finished we had cordon bleau cookery And a trip to St Tropez.... However, deportment, ellocution and ballroom dancing continued right to the end of year.... Talk about flogging a dead horse.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:38 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they do, like here some of these things have stopped in a few isolated cases.
The Daily Mail would have us believe just like being able to fly your countries flag outside your house that they have all been stopped because of those pesky Muslims

Originally Posted by Cheetah7

Do they still do xmas nativity plays in the UK? my friend was saying her school doesnt have them as to not offend non christians, which is a shame.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they do, like here some of these things have stopped in a few isolated cases.
The Daily Mail would have us believe just like being able to fly your countries flag outside your house that they have all been stopped because of those pesky Muslims
When gorgeous was at kindie the school he went to had a "winter fair" and there was no mention of the "c" word...and there was NOTHING to do with the "c" word at kevins high school .... That was 10 years ago and in East Angular..
Cant imagine things have returned to "the old ways" in that period....
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:45 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont read the Mail so wouldnt know.

We lived in an Islamic area in London and it wasn't for me at all, in fact my husband and I hated it and he is a Muslim (non practising) himself and is of the belief that you should respect the laws of where you live and not push your religious beliefs on anyone, if you find women dressed in a way that is 'too revealing' - the answer is easy, dont look.

We had our fair share of nasty comments because I refused to adopt the religion and it was a welcome relief to move to Perth where we could do our own thing and my husband would not be subjected to the drivel about him not practising.

Having suffered racist comments from both sides - I dont need the Daily Mail to tell me what is going on with this issue.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by eddie007
When gorgeous was at kindie the school he went to had a "winter fair" and there was no mention of the "c" word...and there was NOTHING to do with the "c" word at kevins high school .... That was 10 years ago and in East Angular..
Cant imagine things have returned to "the old ways" in that period....
'Winter Fair'? That is as bad as 'Happy Holidays'

Why can't we just celebrate Christmas and call it just that - Christmas?

I cant imagine things would have returned to the old ways either.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 1:59 pm
Banned

Things rarely return to the way they used to be when we were kids, in some ways it is good and of course in other ways it is bad.
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
'Winter Fair'? That is as bad as 'Happy Holidays'

Why can't we just celebrate Christmas and call it just that - Christmas?

I cant imagine things would have returned to the old ways either.
where is east angular?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kips
where is east angular?
You dont watch big brother do you?
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:12 pm
Banned

I think it's in an alternate universe

Originally Posted by kips
where is east angular?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.