Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone work for the RFDS?

Does anyone work for the RFDS?

Old Nov 10th 2009, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all
Default Does anyone work for the RFDS?

Hi, as the title suggests, I wondered if there was anyone who is actually working as a nurse for the Flying Doctor Service, if so I wondered if you could answer a few questions?

I have emailed them but have been told to forward my cv on, but as I won't bemoving until next year, didn't really want to do that yet!

Anyway, I was wondering about the preceptorship offered - how long is it for and do you feel prepared afterwards? The fact that you have to be a registered midwife and critical care experience is ok, but in most cases I would imagine one would not be recent experience unless you have been doing extra shifts to keep up your skills, unfortunately not in my case. So I guess my question is do they update you with some sort of refresher programme or would I be expected to do this myself prior to applying?

Thanks
Vicky
Old Nov 11th 2009, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone work for the RFDS?

I would suggest that you contact them directly to ask about their orientation program. I would imagine that it is fairly comprehensive though.
Good luck