Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live on the sunshine coast?

Does anyone live on the sunshine coast?

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 6:04 am

chopsface will become famous soon enoughchopsface will become famous soon enough
Default Does anyone live on the sunshine coast?

Hi,
We are thinking of moving to the sunshine coast from Sydney and have got our flights booked so that we can have a look at some areas, we would need to live near maroochydore, can anyone recommend any nice suburbs that we can look at? And can anyone tell us what it is like to live up there? Also if anyone knows any nice family friendly places to stay at a reasonable price?
Any info would be much appreciated!
Thanks Katie
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Does anyone live on the sunshine coast?

Hi,

I live on the Coast just south of Maroochydore. Any reason why it must be there? As the commute from any area of the coast isn't that bad. I am not sure of the suburbs in Maroochydore, however we have lived on the coast for over 3 years and love it, once you adapt to the slow pace and differences in way of life. We are staying and have recently had a baby here who is Australian. To get an idea of the coast try logging onto www.mysunshinecoast.com.au for some info. this includes jobs, things to do etc. for rentals in the area try www.realsestate.com.au and select rentals and put in your details, to see the prices and what is on offer.

Hope this helps x
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

We live here, it's great!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:11 am

chopsface will become famous soon enoughchopsface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Carrianne
Hi,

I live on the Coast just south of Maroochydore. Any reason why it must be there? As the commute from any area of the coast isn't that bad. I am not sure of the suburbs in Maroochydore, however we have lived on the coast for over 3 years and love it, once you adapt to the slow pace and differences in way of life. We are staying and have recently had a baby here who is Australian. To get an idea of the coast try logging onto www.mysunshinecoast.com.au for some info. this includes jobs, things to do etc. for rentals in the area try www.realsestate.com.au and select rentals and put in your details, to see the prices and what is on offer.

Hope this helps x
We have just had a baby too, she is 4 weeks old. How old is yours? I doesn't necessarily need to be maroochydore but i am planning to study at the uni so wanted somewhere nearby. Whereabouts do you live?
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

We live in Caloundra and my baby was 4 months old yesterday. If you PM me I can let you know all the good places to take baby.

The Uni is pretty central, to places like Buderim, Chancellor Park although these are in land. The Uni for me is only 20 mins away. So dont restrict yourself when lookfing for nice areas.

Noticed that you are from Hyde (Manchester) ? as I am orginally from Wigan and most of my freinds here, are from manchester and Lancashire.

Last edited by Carrianne; Jun 23rd 2007 at 8:50 am.