Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know what the building work is like in Sydney and surrounding area??

Does anyone know what the building work is like in Sydney and surrounding area??

Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all
Default Does anyone know what the building work is like in Sydney and surrounding area??

Hi
I am emigrating within 6 months and cant decide on Adelaide or Sydney, not direct in the city, on the outer parts.
Am coming accross on a bricklaying skilled visa. Can anyone tell me what the employment situation is like in either area, i would be so grateful.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone know what the building work is like in Sydney and surrounding area??

Originally Posted by sutty77
Hi
I am emigrating within 6 months and cant decide on Adelaide or Sydney, not direct in the city, on the outer parts.
Am coming accross on a bricklaying skilled visa. Can anyone tell me what the employment situation is like in either area, i would be so grateful.
Can't comment on Adelaide but as far as Sydney goes the building industry has hit rock bottom. House buidling had already slowed in NSW before the current mess so its now having a real hard time of it. The First Time buyers grant might have a short term effect and bolster things for a while.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

s1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nices1mon321 is just really nice
Default Re: Does anyone know what the building work is like in Sydney and surrounding area??

Hi
I have a friend who is a construction site manager who came from the UK in July last year and he has been able to find this type of work in Sydney since then.

Not sure about Adelaide, I hear that the construction industry is slightly better in Brisbane?

Simon
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:36 am
Just Joined

CraigSarahGeorge is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I work for Austral Masonry,Australia's biggest manufacturer of Bricks/Blocks etc. There has been a big downturn in the industry country wide. NSW and Victoria are the worst, followed by South Australia. Western Australia is still ok as is NT and Queensland. North Queensland proberbly the best.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 3:52 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

I know of a bricky laid off before xmas in Brissie?