Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

View Poll Results: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?
Yes we would love to
50.00%
No we are too busy
0%
No its too cold
5.26%
I'll check my diary
7.89%
Would love to but have something else on
7.89%
Im not really in to meets
5.26%
No its too far to go
23.68%
No, im in the 'We know who you are gang'
2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

Originally Posted by soapy
no replies this week. anyone else up for this meet?
Maybe next week some more peeps will start thinking about it soapy. We did the Manly to Spit walk again today (in training for city to surf next sunday :scared: ) and it was just so beautiful. Looking forward to getting down to Reef beach when amanda comes if you are on for it. Ended today at Clontarf and brought back happy memories from one of the meets there.

Looking forward to the 28th, this weather is just brilliant for getting out, although got a teeny bit chilly when the sun went down today. But still brilliant all the same
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:18 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Maybe next week some more peeps will start thinking about it soapy. We did the Manly to Spit walk again today (in training for city to surf next sunday :scared: ) and it was just so beautiful. Looking forward to getting down to Reef beach when amanda comes if you are on for it. Ended today at Clontarf and brought back happy memories from one of the meets there.

Looking forward to the 28th, this weather is just brilliant for getting out, although got a teeny bit chilly when the sun went down today. But still brilliant all the same
a fun run????? no such thing lol
we took a wee drive down to cronulla today and had a wee stoat about. what a lovely place. the wee toon centery thing was really nice. plenty of shops cafes and it was really busy.
anyone thinking of moving there will be making a wise choice.
the beach was a bit mental though, people everywhere !!!! when will these people work it out. when soapys oot for a day oot...STAY AT HOME FOLKS !!!!
i think your right about more people adding to the list for the meet next week. cant wait, i do enjoy the meets in sydney and something we will really miss
looks like mr tum will have to wait till then for his prezzie
Old Aug 7th 2005, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

SydneyStace will become famous soon enoughSydneyStace will become famous soon enough

Thanks Soapy, no way are we going back for good :scared:
We are going back for my sister's wedding & a 3 week holiday to see everyone.
Life has been pretty hectic since we last saw you, but will try to get to another meet soon

hi stacey
hope u and dave have a great time in the uk. catch u at the next one, or u back there for good?
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:24 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
Thanks Soapy, no way are we going back for good :scared:
We are going back for my sister's wedding & a 3 week holiday to see everyone.
Life has been pretty hectic since we last saw you, but will try to get to another meet soon
aw cool, i wish it was me. i wouldnt mind nipping back for a week or 2 just so i can see how good we have it lol
hope u enjoy the wedding. u can tell us all about it if we manage to make another meet before the new year
Old Aug 10th 2005, 2:45 am
Just Joined

Chardonnay will become famous soon enough

Hi Soapy,

We will miss you if you go

We will try to make this one - we missed the last meet because we were busy getting MARRIED in Fiji

Mrs Sharon Moore

thats a shame, but here should be more on the cards, but this might be our last
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316584
might not get the chance to catch up with u
theres a great gang turn out at the meets, so i wont really be missed
Old Aug 10th 2005, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chardonnay
Hi Soapy,

We will try to make this one - we missed the last meet because we were busy getting MARRIED in Fiji

Mrs Sharon Moore
Hey Sharon

You are not the only one who will miss Soapy when he goes The Soaps are brilliant buddies of ours and I cant imagine not seeing their cheery faces at the meets. Soapy is like a tonic and you can always rely on him to make you feel good...... plus, I imagine without his organizing skills, the Sydney meets might not happen so often...boo hoo, boo hoo.....
..its a long way to drive for a Gold Coast meet
Old Aug 10th 2005, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Soapy - I was one of those folk at Cronulla last weekend. You're right it is a good spot, and they have one of the most bizarre Ice cream shops there too where you pick all manner of ice cream flavours and also lollies and things to go in your ice cream. My boy has the always revolting bubblegum flavour with sherbert!!

Anyhoo - why haven't I received one of your usual personal PM invites to this meet. Have you given up on me?

Ps - what about those parking meters. Terrible idea.
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:12 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Chardonnay
Hi Soapy,

Mrs Sharon Moore
thats funny shaz, i was looking at your blog and thought.....i dont rmbr them getting married. i didnt look at the date. a big congrats to u both. u are the perfect couple well if chad could catch a frizbee u would be lol
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Hey Sharon

You are not the only one who will miss Soapy when he goes The Soaps are brilliant buddies of ours and I cant imagine not seeing their cheery faces at the meets. Soapy is like a tonic and you can always rely on him to make you feel good...... plus, I imagine without his organizing skills, the Sydney meets might not happen so often...boo hoo, boo hoo.....
..its a long way to drive for a Gold Coast meet
dont u start you will have me greetin in a min lol
still a free holiday for u pal
Old Aug 10th 2005, 12:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by RichS
Soapy - I was one of those folk at Cronulla last weekend. You're right it is a good spot, and they have one of the most bizarre Ice cream shops there too where you pick all manner of ice cream flavours and also lollies and things to go in your ice cream. My boy has the always revolting bubblegum flavour with sherbert!!

Anyhoo - why haven't I received one of your usual personal PM invites to this meet. Have you given up on me?

Ps - what about those parking meters. Terrible idea.
i sent u an email mate, honest. if u look at the list. your on it. everyone on the list got an email or pm.
ah i saw that wee shop and loads walking about with melting cones lol
what meters, oops im a lucky guy then lol
hope u do make this meet mate, it would be great to catch up once before we head north and thank u for all the help.

saopy
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

cool, the list is growing faster now. theres a few who are not on the poll who will be there too. i got a few emails today
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:41 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Soapy,

Mr GG and I talked last weekend about coming to this, as the weather was good. Now it's crappy and cold again! But I'll keep an eye on things and have your number, so there may yet be two last-minute gatecrashers. If you're heading off, it's only right we drink you out in style!

GG
Old Aug 11th 2005, 1:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hi Soapy,

Mr GG and I talked last weekend about coming to this, as the weather was good. Now it's crappy and cold again! But I'll keep an eye on things and have your number, so there may yet be two last-minute gatecrashers. If you're heading off, it's only right we drink you out in style!

GG
thats what i like to hear. its real piss up meet
i have told u all before, im in control of the weather. tell me one meet when the weather was shite????
see...soapy brings the sunshine !!!!!!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

tonyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?

thats what i like to hear. its real piss up meet
i have told u all before, im in control of the weather. tell me one meet when the weather was shite????
see...soapy brings the sunshine !!!!!!
HI soapy how are u iam flying to sydney on th 26 august get there on the 27th morining,iam on a non stop,so if iam awake in time i would like to have a meet up with everbody but i will have no idea where to go iam stopping in stanmore is that close let me know please mate tony
Old Aug 13th 2005, 12:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by tonyy
HI soapy how are u iam flying to sydney on th 26 august get there on the 27th morining,iam on a non stop,so if iam awake in time i would like to have a meet up with everbody but i will have no idea where to go iam stopping in stanmore is that close let me know please mate tony
hi Tony, on your first day eh? brave man. only one other has done that and it was Dutch. heres a map. the 'O' is Stanmore and the 'X' is the park where we are meeting up. if u can print a map of the park (on the first page of this thread) it will make it easier.
hope u make it mate. it takes about 25 mins by car i think
soapy
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone fancy a meet in Sydney?-m67330y-15960s50w700h400.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.