Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

do you want to be in my bricklaying gang??

do you want to be in my bricklaying gang??

Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:00 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: do you want to be in my bricklaying gang??

Just pm'd you Sara

Astonman - add my OH to your list......
you sound like just the man i need in my hubby's life to stop him from going out on the boat all the time and actually get some bloody work done

keep in touch!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 3:51 pm
MOGGY

MOOGTHEFOOD is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi fellow slasher

I am at the medicals stage at the moment but hopeing to be out there later in the year. Been in two minds as to go to queensland or perth but would like to hear how you get on with work.

I have been slashing the bricks down for the last 19 years, running a gang of 6 brickies for the last 10 years and would be more than happy to join a gang when i get out there.

So i will keep an eye out for your posts to see how your getting on.

Good luck
moggy
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:46 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

I can come and render over the shoddy brickwork

Originally Posted by aston man
well if everything goes to plan i will be in perth in a couple of months and i will jump in with a subby to learn the ropes.

most of the work is on bungalows so it straight forward cavity work.
so after a while i would hope to be part of a gang straight to the builder earning $500+ a day.

i would of thought it in all our advantage to exchange details and stay in touch.we could all set a few gangs up.

if anyone is interested ,let me know .

aston
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

dazandleesa is an unknown quantity at this point

I am coming over mid may to suss out the sittuation!!! But could be interested in the proposition hoping to see if possible to get a sponsor while out there????? Will keep an eye on your post's. Working in UK as a 3+2.
Square boxes better!!! No Bays! Ha Ha Ha.
Speak soon hopefully

Daz

P.S Are you still in the uk?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

Hi AM

Interested in your post. At the medical stage and hoping to be over there in September/October. Brickie for 18 years and $500 a day sounds good but let's kick some ass and try and make it $600 Hoping to settle Mandurah/Rockingham way. What about you? Be good to hear from you.

Marc
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:28 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

lbirds whistling at me all day...

yeeehhaaa

ast...
Do they crap on your head too as they fly over?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:39 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Do they crap on your head too as they fly over?
yes mate..i suppose we have bigger birds to worry about there...

hey chaps this thread is ages old..hopefully i will be heading to perth at the start of june,i like many others will be like an apprentice out there learning the ropes,,i will try to keep a blog of all my experiences so you can have a read ,,it might help a few brickies heading to perth..

thanks for you replies..

ast

Last edited by aston man; Apr 18th 2007 at 10:56 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

well if everything goes to plan i will be in perth in a couple of months and i will jump in with a subby to learn the ropes.

most of the work is on bungalows so it straight forward cavity work.
so after a while i would hope to be part of a gang straight to the builder earning $500+ a day.

i would of thought it in all our advantage to exchange details and stay in touch.we could all set a few gangs up.

if anyone is interested ,let me know .

aston

Hi Aston

I am a bricklayer in Perth, been here 2 yrs. Worked in small gang and am on $300+ a day. The 2 blokes who take the work straight from the builder earn $2000 per week each and that's going some so you might want to rethink your figures. The work is much harder than in the UK and the weather and the flies make it worse. Hope you get all you want here in Perth.

Mark
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

YAFOLEY will become famous soon enoughYAFOLEY will become famous soon enough

Hi Mark, Aston Man and all you other brickies out there...
You may remember I posted a while back about my hubbie... well he has pitched up with another lad from the UK and they are hard at it at the moment on the houses.... but money is still crap but we are sticking with it in the hope that things start to improve (well they can't get any worse!)
Mark totally agree with you theres no way your gonna walk away with $500 a day....and if you do good on ya!
All brickies be aware that the work is a lot different to UK/Ireland... You get paid for what you lay but as you know there's always delays/awkward cuts/no sand etc... (u don't get paid for this!!!)
Just keep an open mind on it... that's all
Good luck to all of you coming over but be prepared that's all
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
I think there may be a guy getting out of jail in August that may want to be in your gang, your gang, your gang,.........

Sorry couldnt resist

(gets hat and coat.......)
I wonder if he will take his PC to be repaired again or holiday in the Far East or will he have learned his lesson?

OzTennis
Old May 5th 2007, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

The greenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: do you want to be in my bricklaying gang??

Hi there Aston, my hubby is hoping to get in with a gang when we get to perth, we are currently in Qld waiting for our PR to come through (on a sponsored 457 at the moment), we are hoping to be in Perth by November. Would be good to keep in touch, are you in perth yet?
We were hoping to have our PR by now but we are expecting another baby in august so it has held things up a bit!

The Greenz
Old May 6th 2007, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

people always need a bacon buttey or sausage and a cuppa could bring me burger van hahaha
Old May 6th 2007, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

What sort of experience are you looking for mate?