Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you think the Vic drought has broken?

Do you think the Vic drought has broken?

Old Aug 28th 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you think the Vic drought has broken?

Everything is soggy on the Peninsula. There are now lakes were there weren't before.

I shot a wedding at a venue in Mornington in March which has a lake/dam. When we visitied in Jan the water level was fine but by March it had fallen, enough really to spoil the photos by it! I did wonder if I might have to Photoshop it back in! Anyway, now it is up to the top and overflowing and has got a baby dam.

All the locals down here are now moaning about the rain so it must be bad!
Old Aug 28th 2010, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I just thought that it might be worth visiting some waterfalls next month.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 3:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
There seems to be a lot more rain this year than the previous 5.

I know the dam levels are still low but they are rising unlike 2006.
Originally Posted by mohogony
Where l live in victoria half the land is flooded under water. Got one months rain in one day. There hasnt been so much rain sinced 1979 so l think the drought is over. Some people seemed to think the drought was going to last forever becasue of climate change, l never beleived that, droughts come a go they never last.
It's quite possible this could be a turning point? Who knows? I remember 2004 being a bit like this.

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I just thought that it might be worth visiting some waterfalls next month.
Apparently they've been turned on again.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Its still raining.. hope the drought is inundated now

Just wondering how the state govt utilizes all this rain water. If not at home level, I hope they harvest water at council level (in big tanks) and send it to us later after purification.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 11:34 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Its still raining.. hope the drought is inundated now

Just wondering how the state govt utilizes all this rain water. If not at home level, I hope they harvest water at council level (in big tanks) and send it to us later after purification.
They took the cheaper option of building reservoirs out in the sticks.