Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you keep your boxes?

Do you keep your boxes?

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you keep your boxes?

Hi all,

So many questions...you ready??????

Was wondering if you take the boxes for any <1 year old electrical items on your flights to Oz ?

I like to keep the original packaging incase I need to sell the item at a later date but am worried that customs may have an issue with this.

Do you simply get asked the age of an item...and then all you reply is older than 1 year.

If you're blatantly lying on the age of an item,.,,.what can customs do about it?

Do you have to prove that an item is older than a year?

Does anyone know what customs charges are applicable on items?

Thanks
TC
Old Jun 24th 2006, 5:07 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do you keep your boxes?

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hi all,

Was wondering if you take the boxes for any <1 year old electrical items on your flights to Oz ?

I like to keep the original packaging incase I need to sell the item at a later date but am worried that customs may have an issue with this.

Do you simply get asked the age of an item...and then all you reply is older than 1 year.

If you're blatantly lying on the age of an item,.,,.what can customs do about it?

Thanks
TC
Hi there, just make sure if you are putting them in the boxes you bought them they do not have any price tags on etc, if they are a year old and you have a receipt for them to prove that, you will be fine. Customs are looking for people with eg, 4 toasters instead of one for selling on etc! Pete
Old Jun 24th 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

mark937 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you keep your boxes?

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Hi all,

Thanks
TC
we kept aboxes. came in really handy! we documented everything that was less than a year old, but aqis didn't charge us for anything. I think they're fairly sensible. they know you're not going to sell homeware, bed linen etc