Dog Walks

Old Jun 21st 2006, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice
Default Dog Walks

Can any dog lovers advise me?
we hope to be in the Sunshine Coast Mar/Apr 2007 and am worried about my Pooch. I live just over the road from a park i always go to and was worried about shortage of places to take him.He is not a lead walker, he loves to run free off lead and rummage about and get himself in strife.
Is there restrictions of dogs on beaches etc.
I always take him out early morning half hour, lunchtime an hour and evening with the children for about half an hour depending on if we are playing cricket, then it could be another hour.
I don.t normally see him all evening then as he is usually upside down in this bed showing the world all his bits.
Hes a working cocker spaniel (mental) but i love him and could never leave him behind.
The thought of him being caged up for 30 days is doing my head in already and we have got another 9 months yet. i think there may be a danger of me being as mental as the dog by then.
Any help woul really be appreciated.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog Walks

i was worried about my two (working stock) springers as well who're used the beaches of Fife to run along....

now take them out to the doggie fun park (heheheh) just round the corner where they get off the lead and run around with about 7-8 other dogs that we know up there. in the warm summer nights we used to go up about 5pm and stay till it got dark. We'd be sitting chatting with the other owners and all the dogs would be running around like total mentalists!

i'd say my two probably get a better run around now than they did back in the UK.... chasing loads of other dogs and there's aways people willing to throw tennis balls for them - they love it!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

andydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura about

Yosemite, Glad your dogs have settled well, its a big worry for us getting our 2 japanese spitz out to Oz as they have been used to the fife beaches as well.

Who did you use to get your pooches to Oz. I'm in Kirkcaldy and looking at Feb next year to be in Oz but don't know who to use.

cheers

AndyD

Originally Posted by YoSemite
i was worried about my two (working stock) springers as well who're used the beaches of Fife to run along....

now take them out to the doggie fun park (heheheh) just round the corner where they get off the lead and run around with about 7-8 other dogs that we know up there. in the warm summer nights we used to go up about 5pm and stay till it got dark. We'd be sitting chatting with the other owners and all the dogs would be running around like total mentalists!

i'd say my two probably get a better run around now than they did back in the UK.... chasing loads of other dogs and there's aways people willing to throw tennis balls for them - they love it!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

used jets4pets from bradford... but I know that there's a company in dunfermline that do it...

the vets I used, who were amazing, are oak tree vet on queensferry road edinburgh, on the way into edinburgh it's just past the barnton roundabout (that's not been a roundabout for about 6 years!!!) on the right hand side. both vets there are gov't vets and they seem to do a lot of export work and were very "in the know" (and they're really nice as well!)

ah kdy.... i'm an ex Balwearie kid from burntisland originally! will be back in "the 'land" at the weekend! feels very strange saying that when sitting in brisbane!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

andydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura about

Thanks. I know exactly where you mean, Bartons a nightmare now i'll give them a call and speak to them. I'll email Jet4pets for quote as well.

Better bring your wellies back as it's peeing down today here..

Originally Posted by YoSemite
used jets4pets from bradford... but I know that there's a company in dunfermline that do it...

the vets I used, who were amazing, are oak tree vet on queensferry road edinburgh, on the way into edinburgh it's just past the barnton roundabout (that's not been a roundabout for about 6 years!!!) on the right hand side. both vets there are gov't vets and they seem to do a lot of export work and were very "in the know" (and they're really nice as well!)

ah kdy.... i'm an ex Balwearie kid from burntisland originally! will be back in "the 'land" at the weekend! feels very strange saying that when sitting in brisbane!
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hindon
Can any dog lovers advise me?
we hope to be in the Sunshine Coast Mar/Apr 2007 and am worried about my Pooch. I live just over the road from a park i always go to and was worried about shortage of places to take him.He is not a lead walker, he loves to run free off lead and rummage about and get himself in strife.
Is there restrictions of dogs on beaches etc.
I always take him out early morning half hour, lunchtime an hour and evening with the children for about half an hour depending on if we are playing cricket, then it could be another hour.
I don.t normally see him all evening then as he is usually upside down in this bed showing the world all his bits.
Hes a working cocker spaniel (mental) but i love him and could never leave him behind.
The thought of him being caged up for 30 days is doing my head in already and we have got another 9 months yet. i think there may be a danger of me being as mental as the dog by then.
Any help woul really be appreciated.
On the Sunshine Coast there are loads of beaches, some are no dogs, dogs on lead, free to roam and then some are on leads during different times, there is certainly no shortage of place for dogs to run, just remember your plastic bags.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:08 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
just remember your plastic bags.

No-one picks up after their dogs here. It's utterly disgusting. I'm thinking of crapping on their front lawns and seeing how they like it. I was told the other day I was an 'oddity' for picking up my dog's poop!

I tell you, I'm going to turn into one of those mad women who writes to local newspapers and starts 'Pick up after your Pet' campaigns.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Originally Posted by iPom
No-one picks up after their dogs here. It's utterly disgusting. I'm thinking of crapping on their front lawns and seeing how they like it. I was told the other day I was an 'oddity' for picking up my dog's poop!

I tell you, I'm going to turn into one of those mad women who writes to local newspapers and starts 'Pick up after your Pet' campaigns.
Thats disgusting, are they allowed to leave it?
Are there no fines in oz for not picking up?
What about poo bins are there plenty of those around?
Don't worry i will still pick up when we get there, i always think about the children walking in it and getting germs, its not nice and i wouldn't want my children walking in it either.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Thats disgusting, are they allowed to leave it?
Are there no fines in oz for not picking up?
What about poo bins are there plenty of those around?
Don't worry i will still pick up when we get there, i always think about the children walking in it and getting germs, its not nice and i wouldn't want my children walking in it either.

I'm in the mountains and there are no dog pooh bins, but I am going to try to do something about this. Along the entry to the National Park, there are two tracks that obviously people walk their dogs along because it is littered with dog sh1te. For a start you aren't allowed to take your dog into the National Parks and more surreally, these people only walk on the trail nearest to the edge of the park for some reason, they seem to think this is ok. There's no dog poop on the trails going deeper in to the park... so either they're too lazy to go that far (likely) or they're trying to be slightly considerate by only fouling the edges? I really don't get it.

I have no idea about the laws here, but I am going try to get the council to do something about it, in the form of doggy bins and also giving people free bags to clear up after their dogs. There also are no signs up or anything here. It's a disgusting thing to see these trails littered with dog sh1te. Wild animals apparently would rather starve than go near a dog scent, so it's fairly gobsmacking that this isn't being controlled.

I have children and in the UK, in our village, someone let their dog foul right outside my house which my daughter then stepped in and walked through the house, unbeknown to her at the time as she was only 3. I was so enraged with the dog owner, I printed out a notice in huge letters and hung it on my fence, warning them that if I caught them fouling the pavement again, I would film them and personally plaster their picture all over the village and internet, local papers etc and publically humiliate them. It worked.

There are too many people who can't be bothered here to pick it up, or they don't realise how gross it is.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
I'm in the mountains and there are no dog pooh bins, but I am going to try to do something about this. Along the entry to the National Park, there are two tracks that obviously people walk their dogs along because it is littered with dog sh1te. For a start you aren't allowed to take your dog into the National Parks and more surreally, these people only walk on the trail nearest to the edge of the park for some reason, they seem to think this is ok. There's no dog poop on the trails going deeper in to the park... so either they're too lazy to go that far (likely) or they're trying to be slightly considerate by only fouling the edges? I really don't get it.

I have no idea about the laws here, but I am going try to get the council to do something about it, in the form of doggy bins and also giving people free bags to clear up after their dogs. There also are no signs up or anything here. It's a disgusting thing to see these trails littered with dog sh1te. Wild animals apparently would rather starve than go near a dog scent, so it's fairly gobsmacking that this isn't being controlled.

I have children and in the UK, in our village, someone let their dog foul right outside my house which my daughter then stepped in and walked through the house, unbeknown to her at the time as she was only 3. I was so enraged with the dog owner, I printed out a notice in huge letters and hung it on my fence, warning them that if I caught them fouling the pavement again, I would film them and personally plaster their picture all over the village and internet, local papers etc and publically humiliate them. It worked.

There are too many people who can't be bothered here to pick it up, or they don't realise how gross it is.
All the threads i read are about how clean the streets are in Brisbane so why are they allowed to do this.
Bags are not that expensive and when you get a dog you are responsable for everything that dog does, including pooing and biting (god forbid)
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

All the threads i read are about how clean the streets are in Brisbane so why are they allowed to do this.
Bags are not that expensive and when you get a dog you are responsable for everything that dog does, including pooing and biting (god forbid)
Around the cities and suburbs there are poo bins and free bags up here on the sunshine coast I rarely see dog mess on the streets, yes you get the occasional pile but there is always someone to spoil it for others, in Qld and I assume other states it is an offence not to pick up after you but it is a council bylaw which is hard to enforce unless you have proof. I believe I pom lives a bit further out of the suburbs in the hills so i guess there are less poo bins.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 1:55 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andydon
Yosemite, Glad your dogs have settled well, its a big worry for us getting our 2 japanese spitz out to Oz as they have been used to the fife beaches as well.

Who did you use to get your pooches to Oz. I'm in Kirkcaldy and looking at Feb next year to be in Oz but don't know who to use.

cheers

AndyD
Hi,

We shippped our dog from Dundee to Sydney (then Sydney to Brisbane). In the UK we used http://www.pettravelservices.co.uk/ who were absolutely great (even when the dog failed the Lepto). They did all the paperwork and made things really straightforward.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
Around the cities and suburbs there are poo bins and free bags up here on the sunshine coast I rarely see dog mess on the streets, yes you get the occasional pile but there is always someone to spoil it for others, in Qld and I assume other states it is an offence not to pick up after you but it is a council bylaw which is hard to enforce unless you have proof. I believe I pom lives a bit further out of the suburbs in the hills so i guess there are less poo bins.

There are NO poo bins here that I have noticed. I'm on a road which pretty much escapes council attention apart from rubbish and recycling pick up ... and like in the UK there are some who can't be bothered to recycle their rubbish ... but that's a different story.
This road will soon be under council scrutiny when I take over the Blue Mountains Gazette letter page with my missive. Mwahh hahahahaha!

Recently it was pages and pages about the massive spray painted Che pic on a garage roller door which didn't have permission from the council when it was done 20 years ago. People are over that now the pic has been painted over (although Che's beret lives on! - because it was above the door and therefore wasn't ordered to be painted over by the council who have nothing better to do with their time obviously....)

It's time this place needed livening up with another debate...
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

Well I'd agree... Brisbane is lovely and clean... Most of the Blue Mountains is too, here in NSW, but there are areas which aren't focussed on.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:17 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Dog Walks

I have got to admit there is nothing more foul than picking up my dogs sh1te but I do it, then to go skitting in some other dogs sh1te, it's minging, and so inconsiderate. Well there's my tuppins worth!
Clairex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.