Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you have a NAB bank account?

Do you have a NAB bank account?

Old Apr 16th 2011, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do you have a NAB bank account?

Things still not fixed......

http://www.smh.com.au/business/payme...415-1dhup.html
Old Apr 16th 2011, 11:56 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

The media don't help by hyping up a frenzy over something which wouldn't actually effect the vast majority of customers and many more, who whilst effected, would never notice.

Personally, I've never had an issue with the NAB. There I said it.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 12:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
The media don't help by hyping up a frenzy over something which wouldn't actually effect the vast majority of customers and many more, who whilst effected, would never notice.

Personally, I've never had an issue with the NAB. There I said it.
Well it's 3 times in 12 months for me.

1. About this time last year. My available balance was not up to date so I went ahead and transferred money out. The next day my balance was negative and I had no idea why. It was a Friday. No biggie I suppose but no small temp overdraft was offered and refunding of credit card cash advance fees was flatly refused. This was also a payment processing issue that affected many customers.

2. First major cock up didn't affect me. Payment late but no effects.

3. This time, 3.5k payment to make on Friday. I know they'll make good on late fees but it's me that has to gather all the details and contact them to do it. They didn't offer me an overdraft facility when I spoke to them like I have heard they have for other customers.

So I'm now considering shopping around. Already found the replacement for fee free / great rate overseas ATM withdrawals, the feature I like most.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

nor have i .... and if i still couldnt get my money i just walk into the branch they opened over the weekend and withdrawal it... no biggy??? (my response is to centurion)
Old Apr 17th 2011, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bcworld
Already found the replacement for fee free / great rate overseas ATM withdrawals, the feature I like most.
Do share.

I'm considering commbank or westpac. Haven't heard any good things about ANZs online banking (it seems eftpos transactions take a while to show up? with NAB its almost instantaneous).

I'm with Citibank (easy access to overseas ATM's) and NAB (gold banking - for their zero conversion fees on foreign currency transactions).

Citi uses NAB as its clearing house, so when NAB craps, Citi goes down the pooper too. One thinking in me not changing banks after the November fiasco was "surely this IT disaster won't be repeated again - the bank would've identified the issue and fixed it" (I suppose being an IT consultant myself, I should know better !!! - I digress)

After the shenanigans of this week, I'm seriously considering switching. Citibank and HSBC would be great for their global ATM coverage but aren't exactly a move away from disasters affecting NAB's Core Banking Systems.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 1:14 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin
Do share.

I'm considering commbank or westpac. Haven't heard any good things about ANZs online banking (it seems eftpos transactions take a while to show up? with NAB its almost instantaneous).

I'm with Citibank (easy access to overseas ATM's) and NAB (gold banking - for their zero conversion fees on foreign currency transactions).

Citi uses NAB as its clearing house, so when NAB craps, Citi goes down the pooper too. One thinking in me not changing banks after the November fiasco was "surely this IT disaster won't be repeated again - the bank would've identified the issue and fixed it" (I suppose being an IT consultant myself, I should know better !!! - I digress)

After the shenanigans of this week, I'm seriously considering switching. Citibank and HSBC would be great for their global ATM coverage but aren't exactly a move away from disasters affecting NAB's Core Banking Systems.
Been with the Commonwealth Bank for five years now. Yet to have a single issue that I can recall.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 2:00 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin
Do share.
http://www.28degreescard.com.au/features.html

It's a no annual fee credit card. Keep it at zero balance. Then before you travel add funds to it. There you go, free overseas ATM withdrawals.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
I trust puters fine. It's the idiots that operate/support them that I have the problem with....
Don't forget the ones who design them...

Jaysus, NAB really have broken up with the other banks!