Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do you dread that day

Wikiposts

Do you dread that day

Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:38 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[i]Socks are gonna be a problem. I've got about 1/2 a laundry basket of odd ones, but I'm too scared to throw 'em out incase they turn up!
What is it with bloody socks, we have an old p.e bag full of odd ones, you find one pair, then stash 3 more odd ones into the bag!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:39 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

And Matt you were supposed to be badgering the agents, ("oh no, i can't now i'm doing training")not starting more frivolous threads, get something usefull done, or do i have to do EVERYTHING!:lecture:
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

[i]

...you did make me realise something though, it will all be gone when i move to auz!! a clean start! no more junk in my life. what i can't sell will be skipped, or dumped on a charity shop if it's worth a penny.

That's why I've gotta have a 40` container :scared:
Daren't throw it away..........I might just NEED it in Oz
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm... most embarrassing thing about finding the cone is that I actually work for them! And I now have to stuff it back in the airing cupboard cos I've sold my fridge freezer to a police woman and she's about to come round and collect it!:scared:

I've now found a pile of felt-tip pens (dried up), 3 broken staplers, old keys, the old batteries of course, and how many bottles do we all have on our dressing tables with just that dribble left in the bottom........

Now where can I hide that cone......
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post, well for the time being all the kitchen draws are crap free. Socks ! Don`t go there where on earth do the odd ones go?

Our worst places will be the loft and the garage, dreading those jobs.

footie chick
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:54 am
High in the Dandenongs

[i]
Now where can I hide that cone......
Under your witches hat of course
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
Under your witches hat of course
Maybe give it to a neighbour for reserving a parking place!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:58 am
High in the Dandenongs

[, and a police "no waiting" traffic cone that has somehow got into my airing cupboard...... you wait till I see my best mate!

Wheres that binbag........
I think the worst thing i ever procured was one of those flashing yellow light things they have around road works at night. My friend lept out of the car, grabbed it and hopped back in. The bloody thing flashed the whole way home and we had to hide it under our coats. Then, once safely back home without being arrested, we placed it carefully in the garage. I went outside to lock up the car and was bent double hysterically pmsl because you could see it flashing from under the garage door
But we were scared to cover it in case it went on fire during the night!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh those youthful days!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh very good! I'm wearing the cone now!!

Just remembered the oddest thing my sister found when she moved last year - a broken lawnmower - in the loft!! She didn't know it was there, hubby had carried it up the stairs, and then up the loft ladder, and put it away carefully about 8 years ago!
When asked why, the poor guy said "Well, I thought it might be handy for something one day" - thought my sister was going to throw it at him!!

As for the flashing yellow lights - had a boyfriend who nicked one from roadworks one night; a police car could be seen approaching in the distance so he threw it over a wall - and it landed in a pond, still flashing! And so was the pond....enormous yellow flashing light, visible for miles!!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 29th 2003 at 5:02 am.
Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Crickey Hup, Have you been snooping around my house

I have 3 drawers in the kitchen full of useful useless stuff! I have bravely started to clean them out, but it is a difficult decision deciding whether you will ever use that roll of soldering metal again!!

I have everything from an old shower handle to Pokemon cards in there.Wonder if I can sell any of it at the Boot Sale ??
Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:01 am
Badge

still have a metal sign saying London - Koln (or something) somewhere, nicked from the side of those superfast trains they have in Germany...

badge

Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
I think the worst thing i ever procured was one of those flashing yellow light things they have around road works at night. My friend lept out of the car, grabbed it and hopped back in. The bloody thing flashed the whole way home and we had to hide it under our coats. Then, once safely back home without being arrested, we placed it carefully in the garage. I went outside to lock up the car and was bent double hysterically pmsl because you could see it flashing from under the garage door
But we were scared to cover it in case it went on fire during the night!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh those youthful days!
Ha!!! We had one in our garage too!!!!
I also remember trying to pinch a "No Fouling" sign for some odd reason, but it was screwed on too tightly!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Larissa
Ha!!! We had one in our garage too!!!!
I also remember trying to pinch a "No Fouling" sign for some odd reason, but it was screwed on too tightly!
Maybe we could start a thread for the Expats, called "What was the most useless piece of cr@p you took to Aus"!!!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

By the way all you junk addicts watch Life Laundry on BBC 2 you will feel so much better about your own home!!
Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:10 am
High in the Dandenongs

those people have to be ill, don't they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.