Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do UK bought televisions work in NZ?

Do UK bought televisions work in NZ?

Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Paul Carey is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do UK bought televisions work in NZ?

Will a TV set bought in UK work in NZ? Apologies if I've failed to find an existing thread on this - I could only find ones relating to Australia (which didn't seem very promising!)
Thankyou
Paul Carey
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:42 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do UK bought televisions work in NZ?

Originally Posted by Paul Carey
Will a TV set bought in UK work in NZ? Apologies if I've failed to find an existing thread on this - I could only find ones relating to Australia (which didn't seem very promising!)
Thankyou
Paul Carey
Yes, in a way, you will get a fab picure but in order to get sound you will have to get either Sky tv installed or buy a video player (nz). We didnt bother trying that and opted instead to get sky installed. Installation special this now $25, usually $99 then basic package is $39 a month.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

ssinnige is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul Carey
Thankyou
Paul Carey
Have a look at http://www.videouniversity.com/standard.htm and you'll see that the UK has PAL I while New Zealand and Australia have PAL B. Unless your TV supports that format (some do, but many only support the system in the country they are sold in) I think you're out of luck.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Paul Carey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottish
Yes, in a way, you will get a fab picure but in order to get sound you will have to get either Sky tv installed or buy a video player (nz). We didnt bother trying that and opted instead to get sky installed. Installation special this now $25, usually $99 then basic package is $39 a month.
Thanks scottish - that makes sense. Can Sky in NZ be made to work satisfactorily on more than one TV set in the house do you know?
Paul Carey