Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do Poms miss corporal punishment?

Do Poms miss corporal punishment?

Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:01 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Do Poms miss corporal punishment?

Well, I lay about me today with a vicious tongue in this thread:

Re: see'ing the uk in a different light

Instead of getting heaps of derision, I got heaps of Karma.

Now I'm wondering if it was kindly donated by masochists or voyeurs.

Are Poms secretly missing that fearful, exciting trip to the head master's canery?

Last edited by Megalania; Jun 20th 2005 at 11:14 am.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:11 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Poms miss corporal punishment?

Originally Posted by Megalania
Well, I lay about me today with a vicious tongue in this thread:

Re: see'ing the uk in a different light

Instead of getting heaps of derision, I got heaps of Kama.

Now I'm wondering if it was kindly donated by masochists or voyeurs.

Are Poms secretly missing that fearful, exciting trip to the head master's canery?
Dont know about enjoying a beating, but this aussie sent you some for it - but then you'd know that cos I always sign it .
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:53 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Dont know about enjoying a beating, but this aussie sent you some for it - but then you'd know that cos I always sign it .
Personally - i miss Miss Whiplash - never met Corporal Punishment - is he something to do with the WWF
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:41 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

I thought your posts were spot on , I was one of those Mrs D was refering to who was questioning wether some of the people on here live in the same Australia I landed in.

If people can't adapt to the new world then good luck - the airport is that way, enjoy blighty, sorry it didnt work out. People who move across the world for the weather are lacking full mental faculties, Spain for example is far closer, easier to get into , and mostly english speaking now ( at least estuarian english) and yours for a mere 99$ on easy-jet. I must've typed about 6 posts in the last week and thought better of them before hitting submit because of fear of backlash , I thought yours were quite apt and targetted and verging on the witty.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:11 pm

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
I thought your posts were spot on , I was one of those Mrs D was refering to who was questioning wether some of the people on here live in the same Australia I landed in.

If people can't adapt to the new world then good luck - the airport is that way, enjoy blighty, sorry it didnt work out. People who move across the world for the weather are lacking full mental faculties, Spain for example is far closer, easier to get into , and mostly english speaking now ( at least estuarian english) and yours for a mere 99$ on easy-jet. I must've typed about 6 posts in the last week and thought better of them before hitting submit because of fear of backlash , I thought yours were quite apt and targetted and verging on the witty.

What is Australia about for you? Why does it ring your bell?
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

People who move across the world for the weather are lacking full mental faculties, Spain for example is far closer, easier to get into , and mostly english speaking now ( at least estuarian english) and yours for a mere 99$ on easy-jet.
I know!! When JAJ suggested Gibraltar as an alternative destination for people who want to get out of Britain to a nicer climate with English speakers, I was bloody kicking myself.

Why didn't I think of that. I wuz bangin me head on the table for hours. I'm probaly lackin full mentle capacity now, if a wuzn't bfore,

JTL
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:41 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I know!! When JAJ suggested Gibraltar as an alternative destination for people who want to get out of Britain to a nicer climate with English speakers, I was bloody kicking myself.

Why didn't I think of that. I wuz bangin me head on the table for hours. I'm probaly lackin full mentle capacity now, if a wuzn't bfore,

JTL
I didn't see him suggest that but I can just imagine it typed in his own inimitable style
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:56 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I must've typed about 6 posts in the last week and thought better of them before hitting submit because of fear of backlash.
Spalen,
If you have something to say....say it.
We are all entitled to our own opinions.
Sod the backlash.......just smile
Old Jun 20th 2005, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see him suggest that but I can just imagine it typed in his own inimitable style

Oh yes!!

But having said that, it was suggested for someone who was having serious difficulties meeting the Oz visa requirements. So it was a valid point.

As was his Falklands Islands suggestion,

JTL
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:19 pm
ah-beng

Originally Posted by Bix
Spalen,
If you have something to say....say it.
We are all entitled to our own opinions.
Sod the backlash.......just smile
I know but the original posters complaining about life without tesco's/weather/the schools dont teach the children/the cars are expensive etc also are entitled to their own opinion. I think Im turning into a xenophobe with a specific intolerance to expats who complain about the banal.

"The Falklands".... outstanding.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:31 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I know but the original posters complaining about life without tesco's/weather/the schools dont teach the children/the cars are expensive etc also are entitled to their own opinion. I think Im turning into a xenophobe with a specific intolerance to expats who complain about the banal.
I too have an intolerance to people who complain about people who are complaing, thats banal
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:03 pm
ah-beng

Originally Posted by hevs
I too have an intolerance to people who complain about people who are complaing, thats banal
Exactly.