Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sad Question about TV

Sad Question about TV

Old Jun 20th 2005, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

bigkev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sad Question about TV

My favourite program is Smallville. On what channel can I watch it in Australia, when is it on and where are they up to. Season 4 has just finished in the UK.

Sorry for littering the forum with this question but I just have to know.

Thanks
Old Jun 20th 2005, 11:01 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sad Question about TV

Originally Posted by bigkev
My favourite program is Smallville. On what channel can I watch it in Australia, when is it on and where are they up to. Season 4 has just finished in the UK.

Sorry for littering the forum with this question but I just have to know.

Thanks
Is that the one about the country town (& possibly superman? :scared: ).

It used to be on a couple of years ago, not sure if its on still or not - our TV has "ratings periods" when they put new shows on & then take them off again when (supposedly) no one watches them. So you wil get a season of the show (similar to the UK really) & then not get it again til next year quite often. Unless of course, they decide to repeat the season again (& again - & again :scared: ).

Anyway, sorry I cant really help with the question apart from to tell you that at least at one stage, it did get shown here. I think it was channel 9.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:21 am
ABCDiamond

Heres some info:

May 24, 2005: “Smallville� Returns to TV in Australia
Australian fans rejoice! "Smallville" will return to Australian TV within the next 3 months.
It was supposed to return on Tuesday May 24th at 10.30pm, but was removed from the schedule and according to Channel 9's Programming department it will return some time within the next 3 months.

When it does return, Channel 9 will continue airing episodes of "Smallville" from where they left off, in the middle of Season 2.

Keep an eye on your local TV guide and stay tuned for more news over the next few months.
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=853
BUT.... Channel 9 has this apaling habit of removing smallville whenever it feels like it !!

Season three is being released in Australia on DVD on 13th July 2005.
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/780661

Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:25 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Heres some info:

BUT.... Channel 9 has this apaling habit of removing smallville whenever it feels like it !!
I think "William and Mary" was on 9 and that disappeared to Come to think of it theres been a few things like that, however if it was an hour long cop drama i'm sure it would stay...and stay......
Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:40 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hevs
I think "William and Mary" was on 9 and that disappeared to Come to think of it theres been a few things like that, however if it was an hour long cop drama i'm sure it would stay...and stay......
Talking about TV, I have just been on MSN with my dad and somehow he is transmitting british TV to me on MSN, I am currently watching the 1oclock news on my computer,

So I have access to the whole of SKY TV, unfortunately he has gone out and left it on BBC one and in a minute i'm gonna get Neighbours, next mission to some how give me access to the remote control.

I knwo this is sad but I really miss Holby City, and Cutting it so am pretty excitied at being able to watch it, he has Sky Plus so can record them and I can watch them at a normal time of the day.

Oh and 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps

Kala
Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:53 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

They just showed the first series of cutting it on ABC, they promised the 2nd so we live in hope
Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:58 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

They just showed the first series of cutting it on ABC, they promised the 2nd so we live in hope

Yeah I watched some of that but it just isn;t the same when you have already seen it is it.

If we get this sorted and I fuigure out how to burn on to dvd then I will send you the next series of cutting it, .

Bloody neighbours didn;t come on it is the tennis which is even worse as it is on here anyway and I hate tennis.

Kala
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:03 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Yeah I watched some of that but it just isn;t the same when you have already seen it is it.

If we get this sorted and I fuigure out how to burn on to dvd then I will send you the next series of cutting it, .
is.

Kala
Cheers chickie I would love to watch the tennis but am off to bed as my tradies are arriving at the godforsaken hour of 7am tomorrow
But this time tomorrow night i will be toasty
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:06 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Cheers chickie I would love to watch the tennis but am off to bed as my tradies are arriving at the godforsaken hour of 7am tomorrow
But this time tomorrow night i will be toasty
And this time 2moro night I will still be sitting here in a scarf and hat agin, but i'l be happy with the choice of tele programmes

Night night
Kala