Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Do I need an RRV visa?

Do I need an RRV visa?

Old Jan 1st 2007, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough
Default Do I need an RRV visa?

Can anyone please advise me as to whether I need an RRV visa to leave Australia for a holiday?

We came to Australia on a permanent residence visa on 25th August 2005 and have not left the country, even for a holiday since. We are going home to the UK for a 3 week holiday and just wanted to check whether we need any visas to do so?

Also leaving Australia for just 3 weeks on 16th August 2007, at the time of our 2 year mark will not jeopardise our citizenship application will it?

Thanks for any information.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 11:13 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need an RRV visa?

Your PR Skilled visa is for 5 years - you can leave and return on this as much as you want during that time.

Citizenship has some restrictions on spending time in the country but at most you will only be delayed the time you spent on holiday in your case. Check that out at the citizenship website.

You have no worries - enjoy your holiday
Old Jan 1st 2007, 11:13 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need an RRV visa?

Originally Posted by Goodwin
Can anyone please advise me as to whether I need an RRV visa to leave Australia for a holiday?

We came to Australia on a permanent residence visa on 25th August 2005 and have not left the country, even for a holiday since. We are going home to the UK for a 3 week holiday and just wanted to check whether we need any visas to do so?
Your migrant facility should have a 5 year re-entry facility:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

Make sure all your passports are up to date.

Also leaving Australia for just 3 weeks on 16th August 2007, at the time of our 2 year mark will not jeopardise our citizenship application will it?
No it won't. However if you apply before you leave you need to tell DIMA as your citizenship application cannot normally be approved while you are overseas.

If you wait until after you return to apply, bear in mind that the 3 weeks overseas will not normally count.