Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

why did i leave everything till the last minute!

why did i leave everything till the last minute!

Old Dec 29th 2006, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default why did i leave everything till the last minute!

hi all

with only a day to go ive begun packing...what a nightmare...my contact lens soloutions must weigh more than 5kgs...then theres the bloody case..big enough for me to camp out in..

anyway have phoned singapore airlines and asked for extra luggage allowance..and i know i should have somehthing in writing...but left it toooo late now...got the girls name on the phone so hopefully will just blag it.

Oh and theres a million and one other things to do, might just hit the bottle now

why did i leave everything till now...im so unorganised.
Old Dec 29th 2006, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why did i leave everything till the last minute!

Poor you! If you get 5 min later on then update us with a list of 'things you should do before the last day'! I can then refer to it in a couple of months just before we go!
Good luck with it all!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

See, now just relax... Australia has contact lens solution too.

Good luck Lolly. You'll be fine darling... just relax and do the important stuff first.

x
Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:01 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck lolly! After everything you have been through it will be a breeze
Have a safe journey
J x
Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lollyno1
hi all

with only a day to go ive begun packing...what a nightmare...my contact lens soloutions must weigh more than 5kgs...then theres the bloody case..big enough for me to camp out in..

anyway have phoned singapore airlines and asked for extra luggage allowance..and i know i should have somehthing in writing...but left it toooo late now...got the girls name on the phone so hopefully will just blag it.

Oh and theres a million and one other things to do, might just hit the bottle now

It'll be over before you know it

Have a good flight and I'll see you soon
Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Saundee is on a distinguished road

All you need to worry about is getting on the plane - the rest will take care of itself.

Have a great flight - welcome to your new life!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:23 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

hi all

Don't stress - even with months of meticulous planning, it still feels like everything is a rush at the last minute!

Good luck with everything, and I really hope the new job woks out...

S
Old Dec 30th 2006, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Is Yunta organised for the arrival????

Just the usual reception, Mayor, brass band and a parade I bet

And dont forget the signwriter!

Happy New Year to you Lolly.

WW
Old Jan 1st 2007, 9:24 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
Is Yunta organised for the arrival????

Just the usual reception, Mayor, brass band and a parade I bet

And dont forget the signwriter!

Happy New Year to you Lolly.

WW
I have visions of the Sherriff arriving in Blazing Saddles now...

"The teacher's a coming, and she's a Pom!"

S
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 12:32 am
Dan&Bex

danbex85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry you are not the only one that left everthing until the last minute. We set off to brisbane from england on thursday and we were so bad at getting things sorted that we were sat in Heathrow paying finla bills and cancelling the phone insurance and internet. Now we were last minute!!!!
also dont worry about the weight limit too much. we were allowed 30kg with singapore airlines but it wasn't enough so we thought we would just try and blag it with the person at check in. Between the two of us we were 16kg over but we still managed to get through.

Good Luck