Reload this Page >

Do Dreads Make a Differance?

Do Dreads Make a Differance?

Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

charliebray is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Do Dreads Make a Differance?

Hello Again,
Ok so my family are a positive lot really supportive!!, I have Dreadlocks they are tidy and new. My family have said there is no way i will get employment in Oz with them. I think this is rot. I am a well spoken qualified individual from public school if i do something i do it well including getting a job, however some imput would be good. Should i keep them or cry and get rid???
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:47 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Do Dreads Make a Differance?

Originally posted by charliebray
Hello Again,
Ok so my family are a positive lot really supportive!!, I have Dreadlocks they are tidy and new. My family have said there is no way i will get employment in Oz with them. I think this is rot. I am a well spoken qualified individual from public school if i do something i do it well including getting a job, however some imput would be good. Should i keep them or cry and get rid???

Put a photo up so we can make our mind up.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:47 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Again,

:scared: Start crying
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Bordy
Put a photo up so we can make our mind up.

wish i could digi cam not working but im v. brautiful !! 6ft with shoulder length brown hair the reason for the dreads is my hair is v.v.v curly
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Siren
REALLY!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:50 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

wish i could digi cam not working but im v. brautiful !! 6ft with shoulder length brown hair the reason for the dreads is my hair is v.v.v curly

Sounds like plenty of Aussie guys would employ you.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Bordy
Sounds like plenty of Aussie guys would employ you.

now thats the kind of encouragement i need thank u xx
Old Jul 11th 2004, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Siren

Why do u say that please explain
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:11 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Why do u say that please explain

Look at it from an employers point of view. You only get one chance with first impressions. They see someone with dreadlocks and they could perceive that as being lazy and not caring about the way the look and that could be taken into their work ethic.
Not saying that this is you, but its what can be perceived out in the work force.

Siren's b/h
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

would a Rastafarian be percieved as being lazy and not caring about the way they look?

just a thought.

Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Yeh i see your point sort of but honestley if u knew anything about dreads u would know that u have to really look after them. It is not true that they are dirty i wash mine every 3 days and everday add dread wax and roll them. But thanks for your oppinion.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by steandleigh
would a Rastafarian be percieved as being lazy and not caring about the way they look?

just a thought.

Right on!!!! people just dont get it.
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

personally, I reckon if you go for a job and your dress is suitable and appropriate to the surroundings, then you should, pretty much, be judged upon your skills, personality and suitability to the proposed position.

To say that having dreads might jeopardise your chances of work seems a bit odd to me.

What about bald men?......... Women with purple rinses?............ MULLETS for gawds sake!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Again,

Hi ya!

I work in recruitment...Have done so for over 15 years.

My only suggestion is to look at the type of work you do. I am sure in your heart you know if the dreadlocks are appropriate or not for that type of work.

Good luck!!

Hels
Old Jul 11th 2004, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, Im am currently an art student however on entering Oz i am expectiong to work for a bit. I have experiance with aggressive children and within a childrens hospice so i am sure working with kids i shall not have too many probs I plan to go back to my degree asap. Thanks for the support. What kind of agency do u work for where is it based?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.