Dla?

Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:59 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Dla?

if you are in receipt of disability living allowance in the uk and you move to oz, is it transferable from UK to OZ?
I have an idea that it would depend on what visa you have or what medical insurance you have - not sure
any feedback would be great

thanks bec
Old Feb 8th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dla?

Originally Posted by egghead4
if you are in receipt of disability living allowance in the uk and you move to oz, is it transferable from UK to OZ?
I have an idea that it would depend on what visa you have or what medical insurance you have - not sure

thanks bec
Hi there, I do not have the correct answer to your question but only some information that I know. My mum was on Incapacity Benefit and DLA and they moved abroad (Turkey) I know that it is not Oz, but still abroad. After filling in several forms and a few phone calls to the local benefit office, she was awarded her IB but her DLA was stopped as she was not residing in England. I dont know if it is the case for different areas I can only tell you what I know. Good luck.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:12 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

thanks bec
You can't claim DLA if you're living in Australia. It's as simple as that! It makes no difference what kind of visa you have or what kind of medical insurance you have. If you're not living in the UK, then no DLA.

Gina
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:22 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks bec
As soon as you leave the UK for 4 weeks or more, you lose it! AM guessing that you would need to reside in OZ for the required amount of time (whatever that may be) before applying for the Australian equivalent.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

thanks bec
Search on here for disability allowances:

http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...home/index.htm
Old Feb 8th 2007, 10:34 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

thanks everyone
bec
Old Feb 9th 2007, 2:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If you need a migration visa there is a risk that such a disability might prevent you from meeting the health criteria.