dirt bike

Old Dec 26th 2006, 8:21 am
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dirt bike

can anybody tell me the best dirt bike for an 8 year old ,he's been saving his pocket money for ages and keeps nagging his dad for one
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:02 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: dirt bike

Originally Posted by pom plumber
can anybody tell me the best dirt bike for an 8 year old ,he's been saving his pocket money for ages and keeps nagging his dad for one
Are you looking at an 80cc? Honda or Yamaha, you can't go wrong.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to allMandy&Cliff is a name known to all

I would say the ones without the engine, they sound so much better than those bloody 2 strokes.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:30 am
Account Closed

Guest0424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mandy&Cliff
I would say the ones without the engine, they sound so much better than those bloody 2 strokes.
yes he's already got a bmx
Old Dec 26th 2006, 12:00 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

does he want auto, semi-auto or clutch?
is it for racing or learning to ride on?
steer clear of chinese copies unless you are a competent mechanic.
get him a good fitting helmet & boots, knee & elbow pads are also good buys.
my 8yr old has gone from suzuki Lt 50 quad at 3yrs old ontoknee yamaha pw 50 at 5, then ktm 50 junior at 6 he's now on ktm 50 senior but when we get to oz he'll be getting a 65cc with clutch & gears, preferably ktm but would consider a 4 stroke if he doesnt want to get back into racing straight away.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

What's got me confused is the choice of dirt bikes for kids - the ones that seem more like toys - on up to the 'full blown' ones.

I'd love to get my daughter a bike when she's older.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:51 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
What's got me confused is the choice of dirt bikes for kids - the ones that seem more like toys - on up to the 'full blown' ones.

I'd love to get my daughter a bike when she's older.
the yamaha pw 50 is the best first bike ever made, it's quiet, shaft drive, wheel covers to prevent fingers & toes getting caught, it has a simple throttle restrictor that you just unscrew as they get more confident.
beware of cheap copies that are vastly inferior, a genuine bike should last for years so you can sell it on as she gets bigger.
if riding on beach you must powerwash all sand off bike, lie it on it's side & do underneath then spray wd40 all over, otherwise you'll end up with a big ball of fur,
cheers sim.
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

You should ask Bev, they are the experts on dirt bikes.
Denise