Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Direct flight or stopover?

Direct flight or stopover?

Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Direct flight or stopover?

Originally Posted by spalen
Forget the travel aspect

Think about this - when you are in australia - a holiday overseas will cost you *at least* 6-8K in flights alone.....

You are giong to have the opportunity to see some of the worlds most fantastic iconic cities for practically no extra money

Take some time in Hong Kong, or Bangkok, or Singapore, you wont regret it they are wonderful places. Truly as iconic as new york (well - Singapore and Hong kong are, BKK is a bit of a public loo).
Ditto, thats why we also stopped over.....getting out of Australia for a holiday (except of course Bali) was very expensive...we still did that but a stopover helps it be a bit cheaper
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kentish Lass
Thanks moneypenny20, would be glad of any info that you have.
Been wracking my brains (didn't take long) and I think for the hour long boat trip was about $30 for three of us. We got a cab from the hotel to the centre which was very cheap and then just went up to one of the boat taxi guys and bartered a bit. He took us up the river to see some baboons or bare arsed monkeys or something (special apparently) got some pics then we had a long tour around the water city including a photo opportunity of a kayak hanging under one of the houses painted red with Liverpool FC on the side Also saw the Sultan's house. Well worth the money and the people were fab.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Thank you for that....go have a lie down now

Hey.. I'm getting so excited about going ....not long now. I feel as though I'm just waiting to go.