Digital cameras - advice please!

Wikiposts

Digital cameras - advice please!

Old Aug 27th 2003, 11:07 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend at work reckons the same about the ixus 400
Old Aug 27th 2003, 11:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by baldbutts
We're about to buy-we're looking at the Canon iXUS 400

Any opinions,or alternatives,as I'm no tech head on this,but don't want to buy something that will be outdated as soon as i leave the shop

Cheers BB
We have the Ixus 400. It is a lovely piece of technology, beautifully built, small enough for a pocket & with 4M pixels the picture quality is superb. The 3 minute movie function (with sound) is handy too. The only drawback is the battery which is a special Canon type, a spare one, which I think is necessary, costs about 25 quid. AAA batteries would have been better, as you can get those anywhere.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.dpreview.com./

You may find the above website helpful.

There are reviews of the more popular cameras (including the ixux 400 here ) and a pretty comprehensive glossary if you're not familiar with some of the jargon.

There is also this ng google group rec.photo.digital where the 'which camera should I buy' question is often asked.

The canon powershot a70 is highly recommended but is only 3 megapixels (do you really need 4 megapixels

Last edited by young_lad; Aug 28th 2003 at 12:02 am.
Old Aug 27th 2003, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by young_lad

The canon powershot a70 is highly recommended but is only 3 megapixels (do you really need 4 megapixels?).
Should have added...

....but you may find it difficult to get hold off one, I understand (from forums like the ones listed) they've become extremely popular worldwide.