Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Differences between London and Perth...

Differences between London and Perth...

Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Differences between London and Perth...

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Haha I thought that as well.

It's like comparing Tokyo with the Greater Bristol area.
Differences I have noticed between Mexico City and Midsomer Norton

1. The traffic isn't as heavy
2. Less people speak Spanish
3. There are no thatched cottages in Mexico City
Sarcasm, the lowest form of wit.

You were trolling, and you know it. Having a bit of a dig and trying to ridicule me. Fair enough, I bit and probably shouldn't have. But in my opinion it was uncalled for when all I was attempting is to state some differences I've seen between living in London and Perth.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant futureossigeno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Wookie
...I've noticed in the 18 months I've been living in Perth:

London is well connected. Perth is the most remote city on Earth

London has culture.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:05 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ossigeno
Perth is the most remote city on Earth
And to a lot of people that is one of the "Positives" of Perth

Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:09 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

You were trolling, and you know it. Having a bit of a dig and trying to ridicule me. Fair enough, I bit and probably shouldn't have. But in my opinion it was uncalled for when all I was attempting is to state some differences I've seen between living in London and Perth.
Fair enough, that's your opinon. Sarcasm -mocking or ironic language intended to insult someone. Don't think I insulted you?

I think calling someone a 'muppet' is totally uncalled.

Anyway, I think my comment was perfectly valid that London and Perth are completely different cities which makes comparison difficult. You just didn't agree with me, that's fine this is a messageboard.

The second post was just a bit of fun and hardly ridicule.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Banksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really niceBanksia is just really nice

...I've noticed in the 18 months I've been living in Perth:
The swimming pools have water in them. http://is.gd/2p1Ol
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It was you who started with the insults though.

Fair enough, that's your opinon. Sarcasm -mocking or ironic language intended to insult someone. Don't think I insulted you?

I think calling someone a 'muppet' is totally uncalled.

Anyway, I think my comment was perfectly valid that London and Perth are completely different cities which makes comparison difficult. You just didn't agree with me, that's fine this is a messageboard.

The second post was just a bit of fun and hardly ridicule.
Stop now or the thread will be closed.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

May as well be closed in all honesty. It's certainly not gone in the direction I had hoped.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmie2807
Or a eastern european illegal pickpocket operation or trafficking kidnapped women to be used in the sex trade.
Conversely it costs more to visit a brothel in Australia so there are downsides to everything.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Blackpool also has plenty of wild dolphins in the sea...not in a tank

http://www.seawatchfoundation.org.uk...tput_region=11

G
Can anyone imagine G walking down the waterfront in Blackpool in his suit?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:05 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Can anyone imagine G walking down the waterfront in Blackpool in his suit?
I see him as more of a Lytham St Annes or Southport man myself.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:30 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
Conversely it costs more to visit a brothel in Australia so there are downsides to everything.
So Perth's brothels are more expensive than London's?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:40 am
ABCDiamond

So Perth's brothels are more expensive than London's?
They are actually 28% cheaper...

I read that somewhere............

Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

You dirty lying bastard..

Come on..care to share your spreadsheet on Brisbane's ladies..
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Do you have a discount card?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a discount card?
No, but many have a buy 10 and get your next one free. A bit like coffe or muffins.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.