Reload this Page >

Differences between Australia and the UK

Differences between Australia and the UK

Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

clairegary is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Differences between Australia and the UK

Hi All

Just wondered if people wouldnt mind posting the main legal and cultural differences between Australia and the uk and the things they miss from England?

Thanks in advance

Claire
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of
Default Re: Differences between Australia and the UK

We miss:-
Decent choice of TV programmes and the "freedom" to break the speed limits occasionally. But then we didn't move here for the TV.
You do tend to go to bed earlier though because of the rubbish on TV.

The people we have come across whilst out and about and in work have been great although it's difficult to find many true Aussies. Lots of migrants around in Perth.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Our friend had a party last week to meet the neighbours, as shes only been in the house a few weeks. 45 turned up, 2 brought their dogs another went home to get his & 1 of them fell in the pool & the owner had to go in after it
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:04 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairegary
Hi All

Just wondered if people wouldnt mind posting the main legal and cultural differences between Australia and the uk and the things they miss from England?

Thanks in advance

Claire
UK has yog-urt culture, Australia has yo-gurt culture

I miss nothing except perhaps Shreddies
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:17 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty

You dont even miss CCFC or perhaps the lower precinct in town ??
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:19 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
You dont even miss CCFC or perhaps the lower precinct in town ??
Cov died for me when the Lady Godiva changed from a bikers pub to a student bar
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:22 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Cov died for me when the Lady Godiva changed from a bikers pub to a student bar
ahhh damn those student tosspots taxdodgers :curse: :curse: :curse:

I miss the pink parrot and tally-ho's ahhhh happy dayz indeed

Lee
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:46 am
Take it easy

ahhh damn those student tosspots taxdodgers :curse: :curse: :curse:

I miss the pink parrot and tally-ho's ahhhh happy dayz indeed

Lee
I never went to Tally Ho's but I went to the Pink Parrot a couple of times

Also the Stoker
Old Jul 29th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clairegary
Hi All

Thanks in advance

Claire
I don't miss anything from England. I find that Australians have more national pride and do not complain as much as the british people. Maybe this has something to do with the sun and blue skies, always makes you feel happier I think.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I told you to check out the American shop in Melbourne. I miss Shreddies, too. You just can't make Bits & Bites without them.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The main difference between UK & Australia is that one is UK and the other is not. Different countries, different cultures, traditions, etc.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:13 am
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I told you to check out the American shop in Melbourne. I miss Shreddies, too. You just can't make Bits & Bites without them.
I know, but I don't miss them that much
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed there's a lot of foreigners in Aus.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:45 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Also the Stoker
Dont remember that one , was that in town ??
Old Jul 29th 2007, 11:51 am
Take it easy

Dont remember that one , was that in town ??
Stoke Green...Binley Road, by the old railway bridge, near the Peugeot factory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.