Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbourne

The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbourne

Old Feb 20th 2010, 5:40 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbourne

I was out to dinner with one of my Australian friends last night.

He said they had some new neighbours, who had just emigrated from Scotland. The previous night, my friend noticed that the Scottish people had left the lights on their car on, so in a "Melbourne neighbourly" way, he rang their bell (it was about 6.30pm) to let them know.

In a "Scotland neighbourly" way, the wife answered the door with a knife in her hand, in case whoever was ringing their bell needed stabbing.

My friend doesn't know which part of Scotland they are from but he reckons it must be pretty rough!

Buzzy
Old Feb 20th 2010, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbour

She didn't have a string vest on and a can of Tennant's Super Strength by any chance?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:45 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbour

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
In a "Scotland neighbourly" way, the wife answered the door with a knife in her hand, in case whoever was ringing their bell needed stabbing.

My friend doesn't know which part of Scotland they are from but he reckons it must be pretty rough!

Buzzy
Or here's a thought....Maybe she was cooking dinner and just answered the door with the knife she was using still in her hand!
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Or here's a thought....Maybe she was cooking dinner and just answered the door with the knife she was using still in her hand!
Yeah but the other 'picture' was much funnier
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:24 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I was out to dinner with one of my Australian friends last night.

He said they had some new neighbours, who had just emigrated from Scotland. The previous night, my friend noticed that the Scottish people had left the lights on their car on, so in a "Melbourne neighbourly" way, he rang their bell (it was about 6.30pm) to let them know.

Buzzy

Nothing to do with your friend being in Frankston?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:27 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe she'd just been reading the local news and thought better safe than sorry....

Tenn (sic) becomes weekend's fifth stabbing victim
Old Feb 20th 2010, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Maybe... maybe not.
Attached Thumbnails The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbourne-knife.jpg