British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbourne (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/difference-between-your-neighbours-scotland-your-neighbours-melbourne-655819/)

Buzzy--Bee Feb 20th 2010 5:40 pm

The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbourne

I was out to dinner with one of my Australian friends last night.

He said they had some new neighbours, who had just emigrated from Scotland. The previous night, my friend noticed that the Scottish people had left the lights on their car on, so in a "Melbourne neighbourly" way, he rang their bell (it was about 6.30pm) to let them know.

In a "Scotland neighbourly" way, the wife answered the door with a knife in her hand, in case whoever was ringing their bell needed stabbing.

My friend doesn't know which part of Scotland they are from but he reckons it must be pretty rough!

Buzzy

Red_V_Roger Feb 20th 2010 8:38 pm

Re: The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbour

She didn't have a string vest on and a can of Tennant's Super Strength by any chance? :embarrassed_smile:

Dorothy Feb 20th 2010 9:45 pm

Re: The difference between your neighbours in Scotland and your neighbours in Melbour

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 8360757)
In a "Scotland neighbourly" way, the wife answered the door with a knife in her hand, in case whoever was ringing their bell needed stabbing.

My friend doesn't know which part of Scotland they are from but he reckons it must be pretty rough!

Buzzy

Or here's a thought....Maybe she was cooking dinner and just answered the door with the knife she was using still in her hand!

myrtle1 Feb 20th 2010 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8361155)
Or here's a thought....Maybe she was cooking dinner and just answered the door with the knife she was using still in her hand!

Yeah but the other 'picture' was much funnier :rofl:

Geelong Gent Feb 20th 2010 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 8360757)
I was out to dinner with one of my Australian friends last night.

He said they had some new neighbours, who had just emigrated from Scotland. The previous night, my friend noticed that the Scottish people had left the lights on their car on, so in a "Melbourne neighbourly" way, he rang their bell (it was about 6.30pm) to let them know.

Buzzy

Nothing to do with your friend being in Frankston?

bcworld Feb 20th 2010 10:27 pm

Or maybe she'd just been reading the local news and thought better safe than sorry....

Tenn (sic) becomes weekend's fifth stabbing victim

iamthecreaturefromuranus Feb 20th 2010 10:33 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8361155)

Maybe... maybe not.