Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did anyone use IOM?

Did anyone use IOM?

Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did anyone use IOM?

Hi guys,

has anyone use IOM(International Organization for Migration).
www.iom.int

was recommend by DIMIA.

farideh
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did anyone use IOM?

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hi guys,

www.iom.int

was recommend by DIMIA.

farideh
I looked at it once, but didn't use them. Couldn't get my head around the website
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi wendy,

I know what you mean, couldnt understand it at all, so I thought it's me.

farideh
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:25 am
Just Joined

josh77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

www.iom.int

was recommend by DIMIA.

farideh
Hi

I once contacted IOM and they offered me reduced airfares that were more expensive than the market rates. Shocker !!!!
They mainly try to help the refugee visa holders with settling in Oz.

Cheers
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by josh77
Hi

I once contacted IOM and they offered me reduced airfares that were more expensive than the market rates. Shocker !!!!
They mainly try to help the refugee visa holders with settling in Oz.

Cheers

That'll be why I couldn't understand the website then. I thought it was me.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:33 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

in my opinion IOM is a load of shite...basically they give u an estimated price...this is after a 2 week wait after u send email...then u need to say aye OK then here is my money you book the flights....if it is more than the estimate then no worries...........aye reet
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

As I have been reading so many threads here, that they charge for everything in Aus, like getting new trade licence, I suppose, they thought why not, let's get on the wagon and make extra money from the migrant.
I bet they give some commission to the DIMIA, otherwise why are the only agency they recommend.

farideh
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:44 am

As I have been reading so many threads here, that they charge for everything in Aus, like getting new trade licence, I suppose, they thought why not, let's get on the wagon and make extra money from the migrant.
I bet they give some commission to the DIMIA, otherwise why are the only agency they recommend.

farideh

if u need to pay to get a trade licence then thats the same for everybody be they migrating or an Aussie citizen...dont quite get ur point here
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi biggy,

when we were filing our application forms, they were the list of require skill worker.
in it there was no mention of it when you get there, you need to get trade licence, as far as I remember.
my point is they are making even more money out of you then you anticipated.
it's like in UK you get ripped on new cars and other things than if you live in other European country.
i dont if you still get my point.

farideh
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:05 am

Hi biggy,

when we were filing our application forms, they were the list of require skill worker.
in it there was no mention of it when you get there, you need to get trade licence, as far as I remember.
my point is they are making even more money out of you then you anticipated.
it's like in UK you get ripped on new cars and other things than if you live in other European country.
i dont if you still get my point.

farideh

its just life mate....everybody makin money...Oz is no different.....if you do plenty research then the answers are there...then you can decide before u make the move
Old Feb 25th 2006, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by biggy
its just life mate....everybody makin money...Oz is no different.....if you do plenty research then the answers are there...then you can decide before u make the move

There are such negative views here, maybe we were lucky. We used IOM and they got us the best rate by far and with Bristish Airways. (and we did a lot of research) Not only that they contaced us 2 months after we arrived and told us we were overcharged $80 and they refunded us!

They were good for us.