British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/did-anybody-score-jetstar-vb-%2429-seats-213042/)

jayr Feb 25th 2004 2:23 pm

Originally posted by bondipom
I have flown Easyjet once and it was quite ordered but as you say everyone goes for the front. Not sure why as there is nothing to be served first. Easyjet number the boarding passes and let people in roughly by boarding pass no.

I always prefer the front to get off, get baggage and into taxi queue quick. However, if spending my own money not sure I could afford the taxi fare from Avalon, probably costs more than the flight:rolleyes:

bondipom Feb 25th 2004 2:27 pm

Originally posted by jayr
I always prefer the front to get off, get baggage and into taxi queue quick. However, if spending my own money not sure I could afford the taxi fare from Avalon, probably costs more than the flight:rolleyes:
I saw a picture of the airport on the news like night. I hope the weather is good when you arrive. I guess they might do something like the old virgin blue shack at Sydney airport.

They were also saying that it was on the freeway. Maybe a mexican can answer that.

jayr Feb 25th 2004 2:29 pm

They were also saying that it was on the freeway. Maybe a mexican can answer that.

He he, haven't heard that expression yet, presume you are referring to our Victorian friends? Wait a minute...does that make me a Canadian???

bondipom Feb 25th 2004 2:34 pm

Originally posted by jayr
He he, haven't heard that expression yet, presume you are referring to our Victorian friends? Wait a minute...does that make me a Canadian???
Are the police mounted in QLD?

MikeStanton Feb 25th 2004 2:48 pm

Sure. After dinner and a few drinks....

jayr Feb 25th 2004 3:51 pm

No but there's a few mooses around...

brisnick Feb 25th 2004 4:00 pm

Re: Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats?

no luck yet with jetstar. keep getting through to the last bit, but either time out, or eventually after 10 or so goes tells me the fares are gone. tried again after 30 minutes and the fares were back, but the cycle continues......

got a $58 to cairns with the gf through VB tho.

will keep trying!!!

Originally posted by DagBoy
MrsD spent more than 2 hrs trying to get something useful on VB last night - no joy.
Then she was up at 5am Qld time to try JetStar and after about three "we are processing your request ...... there has been an error" she finally managed to get something :)

So, 4 of us are off to Tasmania for a week - total flight cost $248.

BookBear Feb 25th 2004 5:21 pm

As far as I could tell (when I could finally get something other than an error page) neither of them were offering flights to or from Adelaide. :(

bondipom Feb 25th 2004 5:25 pm

Originally posted by Nara
As far as I could tell (when I could finally get something other than an error page) neither of them were offering flights to or from Adelaide. :(
Adelaide and Perth do not have any jetstar routes so virgin blue probably feel that they do not have to compete on those destinations. I guess that will change as Jetstar expand.

BookBear Feb 25th 2004 5:35 pm

Adelaide and Perth do not have any jetstar routes so virgin blue probably feel that they do not have to compete on those destinations. I guess that will change as Jetstar expand.
It had better! <shaking fist at profiteering eastern state wa**ers>
:mad:

MrsDagboy Feb 25th 2004 5:51 pm

Re: Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats?

Originally posted by brisnick
no luck yet with jetstar. keep getting through to the last bit, but either time out, or eventually after 10 or so goes tells me the fares are gone. tried again after 30 minutes and the fares were back, but the cycle continues......

got a $58 to cairns with the gf through VB tho.

will keep trying!!!
Nick, just keep trying, thats all I did, back button & then try again. i got numerous "This page cannot be displayed" & as Dagboy said about 3 "We are processing your request ....... ooops sorry there has been an error" but I finally got a confirmation & a reservation number. Mind you, I was up at 5am to do it & it took me over an hour :eek:

Tassie, here we come :D .

tinaj Feb 25th 2004 6:17 pm

We also managed to get $39 seats out from Bris to Whitsundays with VB, but none coming back. Never mind now there is a bit of competition I am sure they will have sales again soon.

jayr Feb 26th 2004 2:15 pm

Hmmm...think I went to the wrong site, maybe thats why I didn't get tickets...

http://www.qantasjetstar.com/jetstar.swf

MrsDagboy Feb 26th 2004 3:24 pm

Jayr, I got mine through www.jetstar.com . Theres a list of flights still available on the main page. Wanna go to Mackay? :)

MrsDagboy Feb 26th 2004 3:26 pm

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Jayr, I got mine through www.jetstar.com . Theres a list of flights still available on the main page. Wanna go to Mackay? :)
DOH, Just looked at the url you posted :rolleyes: