Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats?

Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats?

Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats?

I know cheap airfares are bit of a novelty to OZ but what a ballsup. Two crashed airline websites and Travel agents refusing to even try to get discounted seats.

We spent about 2 hours on Virgin Blue, no seats down to correspond with those coming back.

Spurred on by the hundreds of thousands of dollars we spent on fares over the years, determined to get just one fare at $29

We try jetstar for 2 hours, twice we find seats, go throught the 5 page booking form and bingo, no response no confirmation nothing

Drop into Flight center, very rude staff telling people they wont even dial for cheap fares as its wasting their time

Anyone do any better

Someone must have got one
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:12 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Heard on the radio this morning that they had 45000 hits on the Jetstar website last night. They expected at least 50000 today, apparently. :scared:
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:15 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody JET****!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jayr
Bloody JET****!
I'll take that as a no then
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:18 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by dotty
I'll take that as a no then
Definately a 'No'!!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:21 am
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

i tried - couldnt get webs to work

tried call vb and they the machine says they are too busy and to call back - just a big scam!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:35 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The ArchBishop of Canterbury is giving away 5,000 tickets to Christ's Latest Crucifixion.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Due to demand the website has gone down. The head of Jetstar is delighted!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:39 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom

Though not his customers...
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Funny how the website went down twice just as we got to them giving a confirmation number
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:43 am

If you go on www.qantas.com.au you will get a qantas and Jetstar pricing at the same time. The jetstar side just times out though.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:01 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats?

Originally posted by dotty
We spent about 2 hours on Virgin Blue, no seats down to correspond with those coming back.

We try jetstar for 2 hours, twice we find seats, go throught the 5 page booking form and bingo, no response no confirmation nothing
Someone must have got one
:PARTY:

MrsD spent more than 2 hrs trying to get something useful on VB last night - no joy.
Then she was up at 5am Qld time to try JetStar and after about three "we are processing your request ...... there has been an error" she finally managed to get something

So, 4 of us are off to Tasmania for a week - total flight cost $248.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:14 am

I see they are going for the easyjet seat grab method.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:16 am
Karma Comedian

I see they are going for the easyjet seat grab method.

I heard they were doing that to load the plan quicker, but doesn't everyone just try and get a seat at the front first and cause even longer delays?
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:20 am

Originally posted by jayr
I heard they were doing that to load the plan quicker, but doesn't everyone just try and get a seat at the front first and cause even longer delays?
I have flown Easyjet once and it was quite ordered but as you say everyone goes for the front. Not sure why as there is nothing to be served first. Easyjet number the boarding passes and let people in roughly by boarding pass no.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.