British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/did-anybody-score-jetstar-vb-%2429-seats-213042/)

dotty Feb 26th 2004 12:10 am

Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats?

I know cheap airfares are bit of a novelty to OZ but what a ballsup. Two crashed airline websites and Travel agents refusing to even try to get discounted seats.

We spent about 2 hours on Virgin Blue, no seats down to correspond with those coming back.

Spurred on by the hundreds of thousands of dollars we spent on fares over the years, determined to get just one fare at $29

We try jetstar for 2 hours, twice we find seats, go throught the 5 page booking form and bingo, no response no confirmation nothing :D

Drop into Flight center, very rude staff telling people they wont even dial for cheap fares as its wasting their time:)

Anyone do any better :D

Someone must have got one:D

downunderpom Feb 26th 2004 12:12 am

Heard on the radio this morning that they had 45000 hits on the Jetstar website last night. They expected at least 50000 today, apparently. :scared:

jayr Feb 26th 2004 12:15 am

Bloody JET****!

dotty Feb 26th 2004 12:17 am

Originally posted by jayr
Bloody JET****!
I'll take that as a no then :D

downunderpom Feb 26th 2004 12:18 am

Originally posted by dotty
I'll take that as a no then :D
Definately a 'No'!! :D

jat Feb 26th 2004 12:21 am

i tried - couldnt get webs to work

tried call vb and they the machine says they are too busy and to call back - just a big scam!

Megalania Feb 26th 2004 12:35 am

The ArchBishop of Canterbury is giving away 5,000 tickets to Christ's Latest Crucifixion.

bondipom Feb 26th 2004 12:37 am

Due to demand the website has gone down. The head of Jetstar is delighted!

jayr Feb 26th 2004 12:39 am

Originally posted by bondipom

Though not his customers...

dotty Feb 26th 2004 12:55 am

Funny how the website went down twice just as we got to them giving a confirmation number:rolleyes:

bondipom Feb 26th 2004 1:43 am

If you go on www.qantas.com.au you will get a qantas and Jetstar pricing at the same time. The jetstar side just times out though.

DagBoy Feb 26th 2004 2:01 am

Re: Did anybody score Jetstar/VB $29 seats?

Originally posted by dotty
We spent about 2 hours on Virgin Blue, no seats down to correspond with those coming back.

We try jetstar for 2 hours, twice we find seats, go throught the 5 page booking form and bingo, no response no confirmation nothing :D
Someone must have got one:D
:PARTY:

MrsD spent more than 2 hrs trying to get something useful on VB last night - no joy.
Then she was up at 5am Qld time to try JetStar and after about three "we are processing your request ...... there has been an error" she finally managed to get something :)

So, 4 of us are off to Tasmania for a week - total flight cost $248.

bondipom Feb 26th 2004 2:14 am

I see they are going for the easyjet seat grab method.

jayr Feb 26th 2004 2:16 am

I see they are going for the easyjet seat grab method.

I heard they were doing that to load the plan quicker, but doesn't everyone just try and get a seat at the front first and cause even longer delays?

bondipom Feb 26th 2004 2:20 am

Originally posted by jayr
I heard they were doing that to load the plan quicker, but doesn't everyone just try and get a seat at the front first and cause even longer delays?
I have flown Easyjet once and it was quite ordered but as you say everyone goes for the front. Not sure why as there is nothing to be served first. Easyjet number the boarding passes and let people in roughly by boarding pass no.